• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

GRRRRRR CONAN MADE ME MaD!!!!

madnezz

TRIBE Member
that quebec skit really went over the line i thought!!!

I dunno about you guys, but I consider Quebec and French a really important part of Canada, and that whole skit with Triumph was NOT COOL!!!! :mad:

The part that's the most insulting/upsetting is that everyone was cheering so much in the audience...... GET A SENSE OF CULTURE!!!

urgh.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

wayne kenoff

TRIBE Member
Culture? Don't you know that making fun of French people has been a part of english culture since time immemorial?

The cool thing about the real French is that they don't give a shit.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Cho

TRIBE Member
I did not see it but is Conan slagged the French then cheers to him! :D

The policies of Quebec wipe there asses with the faces of citizens of Canada daily. They do not wave the Canadian Flag from any one the Province's government buildings. They do not recognize our Charter of Rights. They have an anti-English language police. Listing more would be an endless task.

madnezz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by wayne kenoff

The cool thing about the real French is that they don't give a shit.

did you WATCH the show??

Also, there's a big difference between making fun of the French as an Ontarian, and making fun of them as an American trying to represent Canadians on the whole. Plus, some of the stuff he did went a lot further than making "fun" of them.... he basically insinuated that the French are retarded, and that French in general has no part in Canada.

It was all very small-minded and should have been offensive of anyone who's proud to be Canadian.

Cho

TRIBE Member
Oh, I really do not want to dwell on this but just to let you the Province of Quebec is going to be recieving for the fiscal year 2003-04 and entitlement of $4525 MILLION from the Federal equalization or transfer program. By far the most of any Province for funding of its public services.

Just to let all you Ontario folk out there that is OUR tax money. As we along with Alberta are the only provinces that actually positively support this entire country fiscally.

http://www.fin.gc.ca/FEDPROV/eqpe.html

This link explains this status-quo convention.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
[hockey fan]WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!![/hockey fan]

Wow, we're looking pretty bad. I am kinda ashamed. People booed Quebec, booed the French (hello, who stood up to Bush) and booed Seattle!

lol

We are so fucked. I think Americans are going to start LEAVING Toronto. Haha.

JayIsBored

TRIBE Member
hahha you're too sensitive

stop watching tv
stop browsing teh intaarnet
stop listening to radio
stop talking to other people

you'll never be offended again!

ps stir-fry will be offended by yet another conan thread. i think you should apologize in advance. for the sake of canada, and those who stand on guard for it.

rentboy

TRIBE Member
i thought it was hilarious.

It's good to have a sense of humour about such matters...stop being so serious to even talking about it.

The restaurant scene had me in tears.

Overall, i thought Conan was entertaining tonight. I never saw the other 2 episodes.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Aphrodite
wow. you guys are taking shit too seriously.
Ah, it's just a shame to see a country and city I love so much being unfairly represented, really.

We're a bunch of dark, sardonic, witty and beligerent people who share a commonality. Er.. maybe I'm thinking about Tribe.

Conan should make an appearance on Tribe.
Or even better, Timo should make an appearance on Conan!

Stormshadow

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by SneakyPete
He's called Triumph the insult comic dog.

No shit.

I don't see what the problem was Laura. It was pretty f'n funny.
And what does it have to do with having a "sense of culture"?

MoFo

TRIBE Member
He WAS funny.

And he told a really funny story about his dad who had just passed away. I'm surprised Conan mentioned it. I was also surprised no one went "WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

Aphrodite

TRIBE Member
he was so boring. guess he needs to write out all his jokes before hand.

altho they did touch on his fathers death so perhaps that's why it was so dry.

I thought they represented the Quebecers pretty accurately. that's why it was so funny

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Stormshadow
No shit.

I don't see what the problem was Laura. It was pretty f'n funny.
And what does it have to do with having a "sense of culture"?

Well, I don't know if Quebec's Ministry of Tourism is gonna like that whole segment too much.

Oh well. They didn't have Le SARS, we did. So yeah, screw the French.
Not that she knows what they were saying anyway. :)

joey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Aphrodite
he was so boring. guess he needs to write out all his jokes before hand.

altho they did touch on his fathers death so perhaps that's why it was so dry.

I thought they represented the Quebecers pretty accurately. that's why it was so funny

never speak ill about sandler again :mad: