• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

grooves magazine

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
wondering if anyone else gets grooves for their techno/IDM needs??...it comes out every few months and has up to date software/hardware tips,TONS of new reviews and great articles on artists...check it out if you haven't yet...it really is the only source magazine wise I go to for my techno news/bios...you can grab it chapters:)

http://www.groovesmag.com/

jus me

TRIBE Member
I believe grooves come up quarterly. I usually buy it, along with my other music mags. And I've seen it at smaller bookstores too, they even sell it at my university's bookstore.

good stuff.

:)

musork

TRIBE Member
I think grooves sucks they give negative reviews for the sake of giving negative reviews I know for a fact taht some of the reviwers dont even listen to the records/cds that they review...
its a peice of trash!

jus me

TRIBE Member
that's why i read several mags. ;)

and grooves often have spelling mistakes. can't imagine why, they put it out quartely....isn't that enough time to spell check? :p

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
don't sabotage my thread!:D

the reason I'm loyal to this mag is for the fact that they cover artists you would NVER see in the likes of urb,fader,Xlr8r etc...it's true to the form of experimentation regardless of negative reviews and grammatical/spelling errors...it's the only thing so far to cover glitch hop properly;)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

The Truth

TRIBE Member
I've ocasionally browsed through grooves and thought it to be quite informative read on electronic music..a cross between Wire and XLR8R but without in the "club/dance" aspect..it would be nice if they were more regular ie monthly but I don't think theres a great enough market in North America for that type of mag.