• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Greg J - B-Boy Audio Session (aka the SICKNESS!!!)

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
http://www.ultrakinetic.com/audio/BBoyAudioSession.mp3

":: this is the kind of music I like to get down to. Funky, funky, funky breakbeat. This is the real b-boy music, there isn't any electro on here. This mix has all of the anthems; Apache, Just Begun, The Champ, Give It Up Or Turn It Loose, Dance To The Drummer's Beat, Rock Creek Park, Payback, and new anthems as well by the Chemical Brothers, Wiseguys, DJ Shadow, Freestylers, Dynamo Productions, Bassbin Twins, Showbiz & AG, etc, etc, etc, but this isn't like any b-boy mix you've heard before. This mix goes back and forth from breakbeat to hip hop to funk, but it's all mixed, and most of the mixes are LONG and smooth. It has flow and will keep you b-boyin for hours (or at least 80 minutes) ... and damnit, this mix is the primary culprit for the pillaging on my bandwidth, averaging 2400 monthly downloads."

just listen...

plenty more at www.kidbippy.com too. like TONS more.

dj_soo

TRIBE Member
Greg J is awesome - amazing skills as a DJ. Can't say I like his more ravey or dnb sets (I like his more funky and hiphop mixes better) but his skill behind the decks is undeniable...

Check the Simmer Down mix - my personal favorite.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Hipsterave

TRIBE Promoter
This is an awesome mix Ive been listening to for a month now! Fantastic scratching mixing of funk hip hop breaks and everything in between!

justin surdit

TRIBE Member
REALLY noiwce bidnezzz - in the vein of a classic breakbeat vibe, soulful and organic.

tough call between this and the FK1000 set for set of the year!!!!!!

that 420 guy

TRIBE Member
justin surdit said:
REALLY noiwce bidnezzz - in the vein of a classic breakbeat vibe, soulful and organic.

tough call between this and the FK1000 set for set of the year!!!!!!
uh oh...another set that is of the fk1000 calibre? downloading now. will report back after listening to both the fk1000 and this set back to back.

~*...normurai...*~

stickball

TRIBE Member
that 420 guy said:
uh oh...another set that is of the fk1000 calibre? downloading now. will report back after listening to both the fk1000 and this set back to back.

~*...normurai...*~
what is this fk1000 set all about? and where can i find it??

thanks!

sauce

TRIBE Member
Is thisd set really old? I think i may have downloaded this a year or two ago. If it's what i think, ztrip has a set along the same lines. I think it's called B boy breaks as well.

I'll look for it when i get a chance.

peace

sauce

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
I'm not hatin' on the funk and in fact I really dig a lot of the midtempo offering that have proliferated in the last few years and I'm always down with some old school funk and hip hop indulgences. I do however also really dig electro and see a lot of fresh and even funky elements in the new production today and when dinkleberries like this suggest that electro is essentially devoid of both historic ties to bboyin' and of funk in general I'm gonna call bullshit.

Take me back to Planet Rock where this noncensical genre fluffing can stop.

*tranner*

TRIBE Member
The axifile link is dead, says the file was deleted on the 22nd. Reeealy wanna listen to this, can someone host it again please?

nuttz

TRIBE Member
^^^ thats not the b-boy set. thats "simmer down" they are 2 different sets.

I would really like the b boy set myself.