• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Great news for people with dirty asses and cling on problems

lor-ah

TRIBE Member
Last Updated: Monday, 30 January 2006, 13:42 GMT
E-mail this to a friend Printable version
Japan forges US toilet revolution
Traditional toilet seat
Toto wants to replace traditional toilet seats in the US
Toto, the Japanese company behind luxury heated toilet seats, is to open a factory in Mexico in a bid to keep up with surging demand in the US.

Toto said the move would help it lift sales of its Washlet toilet seat, which transforms into a warm water-spraying bidet at the touch of a button.

The hi-tech seat provides an "invigorating and revitalizing bathroom experience", the company boasts.

Toto said the new factory would be able to make 400,000 seats a year by 2008.

'Sanitary earthenware'

"We have not been able to meet the growing market demand and we export most of our products for the US market from other Toto group factories," the company said.

"The new factory in Mexico will double production capacity for our sanitary earthenware in North America, strengthening our production plan which will allow us to meet the market demand flexibly."

The Washlet's appearance in a growing number of bathrooms across the US is in essence a return home for the heated toilet seat and bidet technology.

The system was originally created by a company in the US for the elderly and people with disabilities, before the patent was bought by Toto of Japan in the late 1960s.

Toto says it has since sold more than 17 million Washlet seats worldwide.

lor-ah

TRIBE Member
I like the spray thing it is practical and fun. If you think about if you had some mud on your hands would you go and get some paper towel and try to wipe it off or would you go and wash your hands.? its basically the same thing.

Also heated seats make my bum feel wierd, there is something so natural and clean feeling from a super cold toliet seat.

thom100

TRIBE Member
my two goals in life are; 1. not to have an alarm clock. 2. to not have to wipe my own ass.

this might help me on the second.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

thom100

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Michlerish
I think you'll still have to dry it...
notice the goal is to not have to wipe, thus avoiding the dreaded TP finger poke through.
It happened once at that is enough for this life time.

Onthereals

TRIBE Member
I visited Japan ten years ago and tried one of those toilets. The control panel was in Japanese and so I didnt know what i was doing. I pressed one of those buttons randomly and the bidet spray missed my ass, instead it hit my leg and ricocheted from my leg to between the hole of the seat and the basin, thus spraying the whole bathroom. I then freaked out and stood up, which made it spray the bathroom even more. And so I then had to clean my ass and the washroom as well. That was my last time using one of those things.

Karim

TRIBE Member
My buddy Fuad has these in his condo. I almost pushed the button when I was puking in his toilet. That woulda sucked.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

lor-ah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Karim
My buddy Fuad has these in his condo. I almost pushed the button when I was puking in his toilet. That woulda sucked.
Do you mean Fuad from TA?

Swilly

lor-ah

TRIBE Member
sWILLY

Grrr.. Swilly, why'd you post under my name dammit!?

What else were you doing in our apt. when I wasn't there?

jk

akiras

TRIBE Member
Onthereals said:
I visited Japan ten years ago and tried one of those toilets. The control panel was in Japanese and so I didnt know what i was doing. I pressed one of those buttons randomly and the bidet spray missed my ass, instead it hit my leg and ricocheted from my leg to between the hole of the seat and the basin, thus spraying the whole bathroom. I then freaked out and stood up, which made it spray the bathroom even more. And so I then had to clean my ass and the washroom as well. That was my last time using one of those things.
haha I can just picture this! The Japanese toilets are hilarious, I love the bird noises or forest noises that you can turn on so nobody will hear you do your dirty business. The only button I ever used with any regularity was the seat warmer, having a warm toilet seat in the middle of winter while the rest of your apartment is freezing can be pretty sweet.

depraved

TRIBE Member
Onthereals said:
I have trust issues with toilets; I've always had a phobia about taking a shit & having it back up all over the floor after I flushed. When I encounter an unknown shittoir, I press buttons or pull levers (& check for tp) before getting down to business.

Snuffy

TRIBE Member
Just ordered the BB-600 for a mere $325. I'm quite excited for this. I'm a bidet virgin!

[YOUTUBE]yeELUdjqKhc[/YOUTUBE]

newstyle666

TRIBE Member
Both toilets in my home have Washlets by Lixil w / "spray" and lifting lid etc. However average price in Japan for a complete system is about $3k for a decent model. One of my favourite things about the country tho...!!

Snuffy

TRIBE Member
Yeah, I wanted the lifting lid and nightlight, but I wasn't willing to pay $1.5 k for that quite yet. I wasn't even sure if I wanted the dyer.

The next one I was considering was the the Brondell Swash 900 that comes without air dry for $399. The Brondell had never-ending hot water, but would I need a wash in excess of a full minute?

[YOUTUBE]qTlZzxsuOqg[/YOUTUBE]

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Both toilets in my home have Washlets by Lixil w / "spray" and lifting lid etc. However average price in Japan for a complete system is about $3k for a decent model. One of my favourite things about the country tho...!!
Cool. Do you live in Japan?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Primavera

TRIBE Member
I just got back from a 9 day vacation in Tokyo and I'm seriously looking into getting a better toilet system. Once you have heated seats, a bidet function for nice clean butt, deodorizer, dryer, and ambient toilet sounds, etc

It's hard to go back to our standard functionless toilet seats.