• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Great news for Atkins Dieters

tayo

TRIBE Member
image_article2150_418x445.jpg

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
Atkin diets are only good if you do it in short term and if you want to lose weight fast.

- too much protien is not good for kidneys.

swenard

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hawk Eye
Atkin diets are only good if you do it in short term and if you want to lose weight fast.

- too much protien is not good for kidneys.

I find that I don't eat much more protien, I just eat a lot less carbs. ie: dinner, steak and salad, instead of steak and baked potato.breakfast: bacon and eggs and avacado, as opposed to bacon eggs and toast.

--[Zirca]--

TRIBE Promoter
How is it people just blindly follow these "diet fads" each year? Do you not realize that, sure you may lose weight, but it's not healthy weight loss. Your cholesterol goes through the roof on these moronic food regimes and your energy levels will drop significantly...oh yeah, but you'll be thin. :rolleyes:

Bring on the heart attacks!

Cheap Ego

TRIBE Member
more good news

Low-Carb Diets Can Cause Bad Breath

THURSDAY, May 13 (HealthDayNews) -- The Atkins diet might chase away more than just unwanted pounds -- it could lead to bad breath that chases away your friends. But there are ways to battle halitosis caused by low-carb dieting, says the Academy of General Dentistry.

Low-carb diets work by getting the body to burn stored fat as fuel rather than carbohydrates. As that fat burns, chemicals known as ketones build up in the body. They are released through the breath and urine, and they can be smelly.

The types of food ingested also play a role, academy spokesman Dr. Bruce DeGinder said in a prepared statement.

"Most cases of bad breath originate from the breakdown of food particles that produce sulfur compounds, and from bacteria on the gums and tongue," DeGinder said. "High protein foods can produce more sulfur compounds, especially overnight on the surface of the tongue when saliva production is diminished."

skyparty

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by --[Zirca]--
How is it people just blindly follow these "diet fads" each year? Do you not realize that, sure you may lose weight, but it's not healthy weight loss. Your cholesterol goes through the roof on these moronic food regimes and your energy levels will drop significantly...oh yeah, but you'll be thin. :rolleyes:

i am on the south beach diet, and excercise regularly and let me tell you~ a diet done by a HEART doctor, aimed at those with diabetes and such, is very healthy eating approach diet.

that's all it is.

not sure about this atkins diet, won't try it.

but south beach has taught me healthy eating.
and that can't be bad.

i'm not starving, my engery levels are amazing,
i'm feeling better than i have in years....
my doctor says if i continue eating and excercising the way i do i'll live a long a healthy life... it sure has turned my health problems around too.... im getting turned off by high fat/high sugar foods!drinks! less headaches, less everything. including the extra weight i was carrying....

i say, dr.agastson is a right on guy.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by --[Zirca]--

Being thin for the sake of appearance is commonly advertised. Often people try to do it without necessarily concerning themselves with the health damage they are doing.

I did it myself to a certain degree. I did manage to lose close to 60 lbs. I tell you I looked much better and being a size 32 again was pretty nice.

Kidneys didn't much like it though

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
YOU FUCKIN' CARB COUNTING ASSHOLES REALLY NEED TO STOP. ALL I HEAR OUT OF EVERYONE'S MOUTH IS, OH I CAN'T EAT THAT, IT HAS CARBS.... WELL YOU KNOW WHAT, YOU NEED CARBS, IF YOU DON'T HAVE CARBS YOUR BRAIN ROTS AND YOUR LIVER GETS DAMAGED. NICE. YOUR THIN, AND HAVE SOME WEIRD ASS MENTAL DISEASE AND A BAD LIVER.

YEP, THE VANITY IS WORTH IT.

global_groove6

TRIBE Member
I tried atkins and got severly depressed. Then I read that carbs is what produces seretonin. Started eating carbs again and felt better. If your gonna diet just stick with calorie counting or cut your portions in half.

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Tesseract
YOU FUCKIN' CARB COUNTING ASSHOLES REALLY NEED TO STOP. ALL I HEAR OUT OF EVERYONE'S MOUTH IS, OH I CAN'T EAT THAT, IT HAS CARBS.... WELL YOU KNOW WHAT, YOU NEED CARBS, IF YOU DON'T HAVE CARBS YOUR BRAIN ROTS AND YOUR LIVER GETS DAMAGED. NICE. YOUR THIN, AND HAVE SOME WEIRD ASS MENTAL DISEASE AND A BAD LIVER.

YEP, THE VANITY IS WORTH IT.

Hey, simmer down!!:p

I eat carbs, just not empty carbs. I eat brown rice, whole wheat pasta and dark bread. It works for me...keeps my body looking good!

DancingQueen169

TRIBE Member
I was on the atkins diet for several months........and it works.........just don't stay on it for a long period of time.

1st - Its bad for the kidneys
2nd - due to lack of dairy products (milk, yougurt, etc) your body lacks calcium......so it starts to take it from your bones..........you risk the chance of osteoperosis (not sure of spelling)