• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Great Magazines!!!

madnezz

TRIBE Member
Don't you love sitting down with the most recent issue of your favorite magazine??

There's always been something so exciting about being the first to open a new magazine, feeling it's glossy pages, scanning the table of contents...

What are your favorite magazines???

Personally, I'm especially interested in Toronto magazines, but I don't know of too many aside from Toronto Life and Spacing. I also enjoy flipping through architecture magazines and House & Home!! haha

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

madnezz

TRIBE Member
what's Real Simple?

I was really excited about Toro when it first came out, but now I find it fairly uninteresting. The layout is beautiful though.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
madnezz said:
I was really excited about Toro when it first came out, but now I find it fairly uninteresting. The layout is beautiful though.

I hate hate hate the writing most of the time (especially the Douchebag Twins, Mark Kingwell and Russell Smith). I enjoy their style sections though.

coleridge

TRIBE Member
Toro's been pretty weak lately.

I am a big fan of Strut though, which is a little bit more on the ball than Toro.

Others I enjoy:

Interior Design, Wallpaper, Sound on Sound, Car.

madnezz

TRIBE Member
I had a subscription to the Economist for a while, but it just got ridiculous. Who one earth has time to keep up with that thing baffles me!

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
the creative director of Toro magazine approached me at Sonic about a month ago and we hung for a while.

seemed like a good guy and he gave me his number, what should i do?

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Thumpr said:
the creative director of Toro magazine approached me at Sonic about a month ago and we hung for a while.

seemed like a good guy and he gave me his number, what should i do?

Tell him to stop stealing his mom's five year old email forwards to use on the back page.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
madnezz said:
I had a subscription to the Economist for a while, but it just got ridiculous. Who one earth has time to keep up with that thing baffles me!

I've currently got about 12 subscriptions to trash magazines. It was a really great deal 12 magazines 12 months for $12. Maxim, FHM, Esquire, Time, Newsweek ,Spin, Rolling Stone, Popular Mechanics, Mens Health, Car & Driver, Road & Track, I rarely read more than 1 or 2 articles before hitting the next magazine though.

The economist and Foreign Policy I tend to buy and read more or less cover to cover

the gatekeeper

TRIBE Member
Frame-design & architecture mag from the Netherlands I believe, gorgeous but unfortunately $20+ per issue. A rare treat.

Juxtapoz-art & design mag I recently discovered.

JOSHB

TRIBE Member
Cabinet, Utne Reader, New Yorker, Papermag, interview, Sneaker Freaker, Afterimage, Aperture, URB....

(I love periodicals)

madnezz

TRIBE Member
Does anyone read the Wallrus? I keep meaning to pick it up (since it's free in some places), but I never get around to it...

JESuX

TRIBE Member
i get a stupid kick out of going through all my boss' women's wear daily mags!

edit: ATTN FLASHY!!

THEY HAD A THREE PAGE SPREAD ON SNAKESKIN ON A PLANE YESTERDAY!