• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

graphic design help - images

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
2 feet by 3'

fuck...

well, typically poster images print at 300 dpi at size as (for lithographic printing)

but, for some reason i get the impression you just want to use it once, for one poster.

obviously get the highest res available at the largest size, but keep in mind it's going to be drastically under ressed for what you want it for.

even if you print it on a digital inkjet or something....even then you want around 175 dpi at print size.

other image sites will have them also, definitly not for free, and definitly no larger than 18" x 18" at 300dpi.

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
yah, that image is 11.3 " x 7.5 "

and you want it to be 36" x 24"

so if you get their largest at 300 dpi and scale it, you're looking at an image of about 91 dpi...

only slightly higher res than what you find on the web at final size.

but, if you're going to see it from a ways off, it might be ok....emphasis on the ok.

Lovely N Amazin

TRIBE Member
the largest image comes in at:

3375 x 2250 px
11.3" x 7.5" @ 300 DPI

so it would still be under res, hey? it's not for a poster but for a display. what i really want is a strand of dna to put on the side of the 2X3 board: max. 6 inches x 3 feet. to save on costs, i was even thinking of just making it 4 inches x 11 inches, putting two strands per page and then putting three strands on top of each other. it's mostly for a neat visual effect ... i've been looking but all i can find are either twirling and not straight vertical or ugly.

what res would i need in that case?

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
yah, you can tile them up the side if you like...that's an option.

or you can find vector art which is not pixels like an image, but rather coloured shapes, basically just math (like logos)....vector art can be scaled any size without loss of quality.

search for vector dna strand

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
anyway, if you like the one that's on istock, get it, you won't find much cheaper (read definitely) and it depends on how serious you are about having it look ultra crisp and clean.

I'm just saying the one you want isn't ideal for what you plan on using it for...

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Lovely N Amazin said:
the largest image comes in at:

3375 x 2250 px
11.3" x 7.5" @ 300 DPI

so it would still be under res, hey? it's not for a poster but for a display. what i really want is a strand of dna to put on the side of the 2X3 board: max. 6 inches x 3 feet. to save on costs, i was even thinking of just making it 4 inches x 11 inches, putting two strands per page and then putting three strands on top of each other. it's mostly for a neat visual effect ... i've been looking but all i can find are either twirling and not straight vertical or ugly.

what res would i need in that case?

there may be some realistic 3d renders out there that could be exported to any size you need that cold solve your resolution probs.

Rataxès

TRIBE Member
Most display type printers (banners, expo graphics etc) tend to print at low res...60dpi or less. Looks grainy and shitty up close, but fine when you're standing 6 feet (or more) away.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories