• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Graphic Artists Opinion

opium_souldjah

TRIBE Member
I came up with a bad ass design and I know they want to do this internally, I just hope that they pay me for this. I said that I wanted to be paid for it, but they're looking for cheap. what would you consider to be a reasonable price for a logo???

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
my bf did a logo on spec for a company then completed his contract with them (he wasn't doing design work on the contract, just did the logo as something extra). They said they weren't really going to use it or never landed on a decisoin or something.

Aaaaaaaaaanyway, he went there recently to talk about a possible new contract.

Went to their newly designed offices.
Yup. The ones with the brand new logo on the door, the color scheme my boyfriend suggested everywhere, the branding with the logo everywhere.

Did he see a dime??? Nope!

Proceed with caution!!

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by opium_souldjah
I came up with a bad ass design and I know they want to do this internally, I just hope that they pay me for this. I said that I wanted to be paid for it, but they're looking for cheap. what would you consider to be a reasonable price for a logo???

I charged $1000 US recently. Doubt that's their idea of cheap though.

opium_souldjah

TRIBE Member
Awesome, thanks! I was thinking half that...so at least I am on the right track. They need to be more specific with what they want. But I still came up with a bad ass logo.

*pats self on back*

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
the company I work for bills me ( a junior designer) for 95 bucks an hour to clients (most of whom are fairly well off)

and we often spend a great many hours develloping logos.

I also do work on the side, and often do things just for the hell of it for a whole lot cheaper...it depends on what you want out of it.

I would say NO LESS than 250 dollars for a stand alone logo, and if additional work is required (cmyk, pms, rgb, vertical, etc etc) then charge them for the time obviously.

but if you're just starting out, and you think a company will use your logo it maybe we worth it to let them have it for cheap just to have something in production...which is invaluable.

there's more than just monitory gain with something of this nature.

opium_souldjah

TRIBE Member
well so they jsut informed me that they are going with a design they came up with. I have to tel you though it really isn't much of a design. They used Word Art or something and came up with the worst ever logo I have ever seen. I think this is a cheap way to get out of paying me to come up with something for them. Lousy fuckers. Oh well....they'll have to live with it, not me.

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by opium_souldjah
well so they jsut informed me that they are going with a design they came up with. I have to tel you though it really isn't much of a design. They used Word Art or something and came up with the worst ever logo I have ever seen. I think this is a cheap way to get out of paying me to come up with something for them. Lousy fuckers. Oh well....they'll have to live with it, not me.

eek
bad choice

sad sad sad!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders