1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Grand Theft Auto V-ive

Discussion in 'Technology' started by rawd, Nov 2, 2011.

1. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

[YOUTUBE]ku5KTFSr3LA[/YOUTUBE]

fucking hilarious

2. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

picked it up last night, hardly did any missions, my flatmate and i just sat around and rampaged or stole planes from the airport and helicopters from hospitals !

entertaining game so far.

3. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin TRIBE Member

a lot fun to be had with this one for sure

4. When is the stimulus package supposed to hit? I thought it was this week?

5. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

I haven't played in 2 weeks. When I left off I went for the Lester mission killing the guy who pickes up the hooker, and investing in fruit. When I load up again fruit is down 100% and I've got literally $177 with Mike.
    Help?
    Suggestions?

6. Blue Meanies

Blue Meanies TRIBE Member

Beat it this weekend. Final heist is amazing and the ending I chose was SICK!!! Amazing game from start to finish. Now to get my last 12% for a full 100% completion and to put some more hours into the online. Love it!

7. DJ Doublecross

DJ Doublecross TRIBE Member

After you finish the main story are you free to go back and finish the freaks and strangers and other side missions, or do they disappear?

8. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

oh yeah... you can re-do any mission storyline or sideline - (accessible in the game menu) - you can get bronze silver or gold on each mission (each one has requirements). so there's completion.. and then there's COMPLETION

9. StarvinMarvin

its better to save the as many assassination missions till after the story is completed for max money

10. DJ Doublecross

What good is having millions of dollars in the single player game after you finish the main story? Just so you can hang out and be a baller by yourself?

Haha this is a serious question too, I'm not being facetious. What are you guys doing after finishing the main story, except moving to online which is a different economy anyway?

11. StarvinMarvin

very true Rob.....you don't have to wait to do them all at the end of the game I would save the last one for sure

I ended up with 65+ mil each and have not gone back to spend it, as much as I say I will go back and complete it 100% and spend that money there is no real reason to do this I find so I just play online all the time now

being a baller in the end means nothing but it's too late now for me, when it comes out for the Xbox One 6 months from now (if at all) maybe I'll replay it then

12. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

well there's going to be DLC ...

13. StarvinMarvin

too late for the DLC if you ask me, I'll be on to the next game by the time they release that crap

14. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

Ok then!

15. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

coolest thing I've done in online mode while just out and about not in a mission, was escaped a 4 star wanted level by running along a train track until a train went by me, and near the end of all the cargo cars was a couple of open surfaced trailers which I jumped onto, and then gunning down the pursuing choppers in the sky. Then travelled a shit tonne of miles away, tucked down from neighbouring areas police cars from seeing me, only to end up with no wanted level a very far distance from where this store robbery went haywire. Sure enough, 4 untouched stores right in the area with big payouts.
    I cant believe how much fun this game is. I'm at 70% in story mode and I'm actually dragging out finishing it, and spending more time in online mode just because of how amazing this game is, and for once don't actually want to finish the game.

16. DJ Doublecross

Who's playing on PS3 and wants to start a crew? I hear next week you'll be able to perform collaborative heists. Let's rob some banks.

robguydude <--- my username

17. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

username: HankSkonto

18. DJ Doublecross

Word, will add

19. username - highsteppa (what else?)

20. greginhali

greginhali TRIBE Member

Can anyone help me with this?

Im at the begining of the game. I meet lester and we case the jewerly store. I pick my crew. I drive around waiting for lester to call me to start the jewerly store hiest mission. Lester tells me it a good time to buy some stocks. I have no idea what to buy? So i buy a couple random stocks, and wait. I drive around the city and nothing else happens. Lester never calls? Do i have to buy a certain stock to make the mission click in. I have checked on IGN walkthroughs and still nothing. HELP!

Do you remember what you did?

21. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

You have to go around the side of the mall to the construction site and go upstairs I think, but then I don't recall if the mission has started already or not.

22. greginhali

greginhali TRIBE Member

i go around the mall, up the construction site and scope out the vents. I make it back to lesters pad. I pick out the guys for my crew. He tells me he will be in touch. He calls me a little later and tells me to invest in stocks? I grab a couple of stocks, not sure if im picking the right ones?
    then nothing. No calls from lester, and the next part of the mission doesnt kick in. what am i missing?

23. Blue Meanies

Blue Meanies TRIBE Member

Give it some time then he will tell you to steal a truck and the gas. They will pop up on the map as H1 and H2, then when you have all the supplies the main H icon will show up on the map. Then you can start the heist.

24. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

Try doing another mission. I think after picking my crew I went back to Michael's and did a mission that involved his kids. Right after it Lester called and let me know about the van.

25. coleridge

coleridge TRIBE Member

Consider this:

Company A is the company you are about to screw over in a Lester Mission

Company B is the competitor of Company A (you can find a list of these pairings online).

Before the mission buy lots of stock in B and dump any you have in A. After the mission B will soar and A will plummet. Keep an eye on the stocks. After a few days A will bottom out and B will start to fall. Dump you B stock and buy A. A will often rebound wildly beyond where it was to begin with so you can further make money on the whole process.