• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

rod_g

TRIBE Member
Rockstar Games Announces Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 1, 2004--Rockstar Games, the world-renowned publishing division of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO - News), is pleased to announce Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, the next iteration in the globally successful Grand Theft Auto franchise. Developed by world-class designers Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will be available exclusively for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and is expected to be in stores in North America on October 19, 2004 and in Europe on October 22, 2004.
"In the past couple of years, we have put an enormous amount of pressure on ourselves to ensure we do everything possible to exceed people's expectations with Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas," stated Sam Houser, President of Rockstar Games. "Even though we still have eight months to go, we are starting to become very proud of what we have achieved and we can't wait to get the game into players' hands."

Leslie Benzies, President of Rockstar North, stated, "We are extremely humbled by the success of the Grand Theft Auto series and it has made us push ourselves further than ever to create a title in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas that will hopefully redefine the Grand Theft Auto series and revolutionize open-ended gameplay and video game production values."

Over 30 million units of the Grand Theft Auto franchise have been shipped to date, including over 11.5 million units of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and over 10.5 million units of Grand Theft Auto 3.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah

voytek

TRIBE Member
i assume Andreas stands for Frisco, so there will be some hardcore hill action going down. also, the prostitutes will be male and the game will be a hit among the homophobes.

Jeremy Jive

TRIBE Member
I'm excited but I was more excited with the idea that they may do a Grand Theft Auto - Sin City ala Las Vegas. That is where the real GTA should take place. It's a perfect paradise of debauchery.

jeremy -8 months to go- jive

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Xtatic

TRIBE Member
I wanna play it now!!! Why can't it be October ..... wait ... that would mean I missed Summer.

Forget it ... I can wait.

Zorro

TRIBE Member
You guys are funny.
Did you know statisticlly that TORONTO has a HIGHER gay MALE population then SanFran. And that the gay FEMALE population is much more abundant in SanFran then their male counterparts.
Something to think about EH? ;)

kmac

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Jeremy
I'm excited but I was more excited with the idea that they may do a Grand Theft Auto - Sin City ala Las Vegas. That is where the real GTA should take place. It's a perfect paradise of debauchery.

jeremy -8 months to go- jive
Me too. I had heard it was going to be Vegas in the '70s. Oh well, I suppose this will do.

voytek

TRIBE Member
but if they made GTA: T.O., the biggest attraction would be avoiding potholes and mowing down giant plastic moose. and scarborough junglists. let's not forget them and their towels.

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
just started playing it..... HOLY SHIT is the city big!

so far, more of the same.... but it's a new environment to do it in. The storyline so far has been a damn good time.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
There is supposed to be a gambling town in GTA san Andreas, modeled and designed to mimic the las vegas strip.

La, SanFran and Las Vegas are supposedly all accounted for in GTA:SA.

wheee!

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by defazman
has this been released yet?
yup rented it on the 26th. HDcopied it to my PS2harddrive and have been playing it ever since.

so far in the game I've,......
- eaten alot of junk food
- gone to the gym a whole lot and got buffed
- played pool and sharked a dood out of $300
- played some shity arcade games at the pool hall

I spent lastnite just cruising around checking out places. the size of the city and the layout of the roads makes ViceCity seem so small town simple.

I haven't used any cheats yet... I think it wouldn't be fair to just beat the game without letting it grow on me. :)

EDIT: I added a link to the game copy software I use.... best purchase I've done to date. No modding and all I needed was a big harddrive.... doesn't copy every game but most of em. ;)

Last edited:

Brandon

TRIBE Member
They need to do a 70s blaxploitation version of GTA with exaggerated pimpmobiles and Richard Roundtree, Pam Grier and Rudy Ray Moore providing voice talent.

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
San Andreas is all about whole early crack issues of the west coast. one of the characters is an Easy-E total look alike..... if that isn't a modern day blacksplotation game I dont know what is....

KiFe

TRIBE Member
I so desperately wanna run home and play this game.. fucking work getting in the way of fun.. :mad:

i think i'm coming down with a bad case of SanAndreanitis... i won't be able to come in tormorrow.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Nick, you should come over and check this out tonight, if you're interested.

I'll be playing from the minute i get home.

And all weekend for that matter. Screw halloween, i've got sanandreas!!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories