• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Grammar question

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
It's a philosophical essay that can be written in the 1st person, and so is not formal, because of the use of informal rules.

The essay is about whether or not non-humans can be persons with minds.

the question for effect is:
What about automatons or extra-terrestrial beings?
which starts a paragraph explaining how Automatons can be persons with minds.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Dirtymatt

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Tesseract
It's a philosophical essay that can be written in the 1st person, and so is not formal, because of the use of informal rules.

The essay is about whether or not non-humans can be persons with minds.

the question for effect is:
What about automatons or extra-terrestrial beings?
which starts a paragraph explaining how Automatons can be persons with minds.
I would throw in a however, if it relates, or contradicts what you discussed in your previous sentence.

What about automatons or extra-terrestrial beings, however?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
A horse is a horse, of course, of course, And no one can talk to a horse of course That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Mr. Ed. Go right to the source and ask the horse. He'll give you the answer that you'll endorse. He's always on a steady course. Talk to Mr. Ed. People yakkity yak a streak and waste your time of day But Mister Ed will never speak unless he has something to say. A horse is a horse, of course, of course, And this one'll talk 'til his voice is hoarse. You never heard of a talking horse? Well listen to this. I am Mister Ed

The Operator

TRIBE Member
I find when writing papers like that grammar goes out the window somewhat. Personalization allows for leeway, I think. And your sentence isn't really a fragment... it's a question, so it is allowable.