• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

graffiti marketing for "The Warriors"?

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
i think it's a bit odd that the dvd rerelease of the film 'The Warriors' has been accompanied (at least in my neighborhood) by someone spray-painting the film's logo all over the place.

many guerilla marketers have resorted to graffiti marketing in the past (wu-tang stencils, sony psp ads, etc) and i think it likely that this is another case.

i think it's totally wack and want to find out who the marketing firm behind 'The Warriors' is.

if anyone has any relevant info, please post it here.

Aleks

TRIBE Member
yeah, i have noticed this too..

seems to me that marketing firms are hiring street level grafiti types to do stensiling. theres a guy who does a "meanz" stensil too..

i kind of hate it...

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
It's for the game, made by Rockstar. They did a similar campaign for the last Grand Theft Auto.

Actually there was a task on one of the Apprentice's where they had to design a graffiti ad for Gran Turismo.

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
anyone know which marketing agency handles rockstar?

i'm really sick of seeing this shit. it's on people's garages and stuff too, i can't imagine that they paid the residents

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
They probably did. Or at least got their permission. I don't think a marketing company would run around vandalizing people's homes that blatantly.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
controversy = good marketing though.

and they might have just paid someone under the table to do it. with no paper connection. i saw those wu-tang stencils in some pretty violent places. it gets kind of out of hand once it's under the table.

when sony did it they didn't ask permission every time, and then they had to pay graffiti removal costs.

i would LOVE to see that happen in toronto.

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
They probably did. Or at least got their permission. I don't think a marketing company would run around vandalizing people's homes that blatantly.

yah, that's true, but when they hire people to actually perform the task of painting the things up they're pretty vague as to where to put them.....it's like hiring a guy to put up posters...you give him a bucket of glue and some posters and say "go buck"...

it's less the agency than the idiots who they hire...but in the end it's their responsibility and the whole campaign idea is fucking stupid anyway....

piss off with your stupid stencils.....sooo hurting.

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
totally.

that shit is ugly and it gives graf a bad name

i really want to do something about this... i have had a hard time googling out rockstar's marketing firm tho...

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
I haven't seen the stencels myself, but as an "ad guy" I think the premise is retarded....that's totally not real guerilla marketing....

if you're really serious about complaining...call rockstar games in vancouver, and say as politely as possible "Hi, I"m interested in who your agency of record is in toronto."

Last edited:
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories