• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Gracepoint (remake of UK show Broadchurch)

silver1

TRIBE Member
So Gracepoint premieres tomorrow. Some chatter about the show in the "Shows worth watching" thread but I'm starting a new thread to talk about the show as it goes on as for those who end up watching it, it will spur a lot of back and forth discussion I think.

For anyone not familiar with the original "Broadchurch" in the UK, it's essentially a "murder mystery" show about a boy who is found dead in a small coastal town. Lots of people connected with the boy become suspects and the series plays out trying to figure out "whodunnit". Or my best description of it was "like Twin Peaks but without the 'stupid' that it became".

It was one of my favourite series over the last few years and I'm definitely going to watch the remake to see how well it stacks up to the original.

Here's the trailer for Gracepoint:

And for those of us who watched Broadchurch, let's try to stick to some ground-rules about Broadchurch chatter in this thread as to not possibly spoil anything to people who will be watching Gracepoint for the first time

Either way, I'm excited for this new series and will definitely tune in to watch tomorrow. :)

coleridge

TRIBE Member
From the reviews I've read the first four episodes are pretty much dead on remakes of Broadchurch.

I'll be watching it for sure. It's filmed in the Victoria neighbourhood my parents live in.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
if you watched BroadcHurch UK, this will be BORING.

The UK version while good, is very slow, and for so much seemingly hype, i didnt feel it delivered up to the expectation.

Also , its hard not to think something alien, the TARDIS, or something other worldly isnt going to happen.

regardless, im sure it will be well done mediocrity.

silver1

TRIBE Member
if you watched BroadcHurch UK, this will be BORING.

The UK version while good, is very slow...
I disagree. I thought the pacing was spot on. I felt it had a great balance of character development vs. plot advancement that too many shows nowadays get wrong.

just my 2 cents.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Thats fair, to each their own.

[spoil] to me it felt like they built it up to seem like this huge mystery that was inexplicable , and then it was just like, hrrrmmm, kind of saw that coming and its not nearly as interesting as i thought it would be[/spoil]

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories