• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

GQ Article: The Best Night $500,000 Can Buy

acheron

TRIBE Member
24 Hours at Club Marquee in Las Vegas: Men's Lives: GQ

If you've been to Vegas, you've heard about it or stood in line to get in. Marquee, the superest of the superclubs, sprawls over an astonishing 60,000 square feet. It allows you to party very, very hard. For just thousands of dollars! Would you like bottle service at one of our dance-floor tables? That'll be another $10,000. How about a 30-liter bottle of champagne to share with a dozen women you've never met? $250,000. How about we get Kim Kardashian to come? $100,000. Devin Friedman explores the world, adds it all up, and explains the mysteries and the pitfalls of the hottest club on the planet

---

incredible article. sums up the "Rich Kids of Instagram" thing pretty neatly.

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
I couldn't finish the article.

two thoughts came to mind.

1) develop a product/brand to sell these idiots some overpriced crap.
2) With that kind of money, I would have open my community space by now.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
for one good night at that retarded club and sitting at one of their tables, i could go to Outlook Festival in fucking Croatia with 3 friends, and still have enough money left over to day trip in italy for a few days before coming back.

waste of money to hob knob with a bunch of rich elitest k'hents, and to hear banger after banger instead of quality music.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
for one good night at that retarded club and sitting at one of their tables, i could go to outlook festival in fucking croatia with 3 friends, and still have enough money left over to day trip in italy for a few days before coming back.

Waste of money to hob knob with a bunch of rich elitest k'hents, and to hear banger after banger instead of quality music.
<3

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
for that kind of coin, i could hit all the festivals across the world i've never been to for the next 5 years.

lobo

TRIBE Member
To be fair, you don't have to go all out like the writer did to still have a good time at that club. We went back in September and none of us are the shooter types. We simply got there early enough on Saturday night (9:30pm) to get in about 3 at a time cause there were 9 of us guys. No greasing and only having to pay for cover. Might have helped that we were staying at the hotel too but dunno. Enjoyed the night but the club is super packed and waaay expensive drinks ($15 for rye & ginger). I wouldn't want to do that all the time but to say that once in my life I went to a place like that is good enough for me.

Lobo

P.S. Yes, there's as much tail as the author states with the aforementioned little dresses.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

videotronic

TRIBE Member
i saw some latino gangster-ey looking dude do it numerous times at drai's a few years ago. he would pitch piles of money out to people and then him and his friends were laughing watching people scramble for it.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Was he making it rain dollar bills or a higher denomination? If you're throwing dollar bills that's kind of embarrassing.

oeretS

TRIBE Member
I was at a strip club in Ft Lauderdale last year with a make-it-rain machine. You swipe your credit card and it sprays ones from a cannon

Also hit another one where we got a table next to Michael Irvin and Dennis Rodman, who was recruiting girls for a lingerie football team. They were spending LARGE but we got the spillover of their girls which was a plus

article was a pretty good read, thanks

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

octo

TRIBE Member
what's the capacity of the guv?

a friend of mine moved to vegas a few years ago to become a promoter. he's doing well. he has 3 condos, two of which her rents out to his employees. so he pays them and then they give him back part of their paycheck. pretty sweet. except his wife is getting sick of partying sober and pretending to have a good time every night and being surrounded by douchebags.

AgentSanchez

TRIBE Promoter
...except his wife is getting sick of partying sober and pretending to have a good time every night and being surrounded by douchebags.
Sounds like your buddy needs to look in the mirror.... just sayin.... Never met anyone I respect that could make a life out of the vegas scene.

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
I would say that the best night out for me, turned out to be a net profit. And, frankly, took well more than one night.

-jM
A&D

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
I was at a strip club in Ft Lauderdale last year with a make-it-rain machine. You swipe your credit card and it sprays ones from a cannon
holy shit, that sounds amazing. i would love to see one of those in action, but i can't find any videos of it online.