• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Gossiping

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
so I was just wondering how many of us find ourselves gossiping - I dunno I found myself casually talking about a couple friends of mine to someone the other day and said outl oud - "geeze i am really gossiping" but not bad talk just you know catching someone up - yeah I have told myself I am going to make a conscious effort not to do this anymore - it isnt cool

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
Most of us talk about things, the best of us talk about ideas, the worst of us talk about people

some quote I heard

Casey

TRIBE Member
A few days ago I realized that I'm the LAST one that people ever come to with gossip. I figured the key to hearing gossip, was TELLING gossip, so a friend and I made stuff up about eachother and started telling people. It didn't work.

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
good quote :) I talk about ideas too - I dont want to think I am the worst of people - ah well - I am not doing it anymore

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

Lil'Timmy

TRIBE Promoter
In one ear out the other
If ain't my business, it doesn't concern me

Drama free since 2003 (i don't know when exactly, but it sounds nice)

mingster

TRIBE Member
i think there's a difference between talking about your friends in a malicious manner, or talking about their lives for the purposes of entertainment; and talking about your friends in order to catch up or be filled in.

to say that anytime you are talking about your friends when they aren't present is gossiping, is a little ridiculous. they are your friends, you care about them, your intentions aren't to hurt them...but they are a part of your life, and therefore, will enter conversation. and i see nothing wrong with that.

gossiping is an entirely different thing.

Adam

TRIBE Member
i'm with you mingster. i see gossipping as having malicious connotations.

spreading lies, and/or information that one party would not want discussed is gossipping.

other than that it's called the Tribe General Forum.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
my friends are too huge a part of my life for me to never bring them up in conversation.
its different when you're slagging someone or making fun of them or intentionally telling their secrets.

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
oh well then I guess I am not gossiping - cuz I am not spreading rumours or slagging people - just basically catching up in a normal way - cool - I am still not talking about stuff that isnt my business anymore - cuz i feel guilty either way

[SQUARE]

TRIBE Member
I once worked in a department that had 20 women and 2 guys. Being around that many women all day was madness. Soooo much gossip and so much talking behind people's backs. I felt sorry for those 2 guys that had to deal with all that estrogen. Gossiping really is a girl thang.

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kerouacdude
Most of us talk about things, the best of us talk about ideas, the worst of us talk about people

some quote I heard
Simple minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, intelligent minds discuss ideas.

Hal-9000

TRIBE Member
You both missfired ;)

Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Cri

TRIBE Member
A big problem with gossiping..other than the fact that it sucks..is that information always gets twisted around. It ends up being like broken telephone. ANd the gossip being passed around usually gets further and further from the truth.

Stormshadow

TRIBE Member
Gossiping is probably the lowest form of communication...it really irks me.
I think we'd all be lying if we said we've never gossiped...I've caught myself doing it before.
But people who gossip ALL the time amaze me.
They must feel pretty shitty about their own lives to be constantly berating others.
Luckily they can have break from the lip flapping when The Bachelor or Average Joe 2 comes on.

Syntax Error

Well-Known TRIBEr
i don't usually gossip. i just talk about people behind their back. chances are if you've met me i've probably said something about you behind your back.

i need the attention.