• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Goodnight Roxy Blu...

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
and suddenly Roxy Blu is no more... i didn't even know! i'm at a BBQ with some friends and then i get a call from some other people saying, "we're going to Roxy Blu, it's closing, this is the last night." WHAT?

Roxy was an institution. I had a great time there tonight. i've had great times there in the past. man o man... i just can't believe that Roxy Blu won't be there anymore...

:(
goodnight Roxy Blu!
sweet dreams!

Skipper

TRIBE Member
I was there briefly...thankfully, early, because the line got insane. Whoever was playing in the main room from 11-12 was really good. deep, but still funky, good ol fashioned house music. it was pretty infectious - everyone was dancing.

I left early though - I'm sure the night continued as great as it was when I left.

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
ouch.my.liver.hurts!

roxy blu you will be sorely missed! unbelievable tunes last night. wow.

d

le bricoleur

TRIBE Member
i only discovered this place about a month ago. i had always heard the name, but had never been. then i went to see Krivit and fell in love with it. *tear*

~b

Alvaro G

Originally posted by Skipper
I was there briefly...thankfully, early, because the line got insane. Whoever was playing in the main room from 11-12 was really good. deep, but still funky, good ol fashioned house music. it was pretty infectious - everyone was dancing.

I left early though - I'm sure the night continued as great as it was when I left.
Thanks to you for the kind words. The energy inside roxy last night could have powered the whole city. Just goes to show that house music in toronto still lives. Roxy will always be remembered.

furacao

TRIBE Member
Last night was HYPE!!!! Music was off the hook...which created a vibe that was so fuckin' damn SEXY....it was a REAL house party!!!

Damn...Roxy will be truely missed. This was a true venue for the music...it was sooo damn hot in there and everyone was sweatin' and dancin' away.....but not that nasty sweat style....EVERYONE was kickin' it and just having a good ol' time....the vibe was AMAZING last night....I LOOOOOOOVE those kinda parties...

this (and the Krivit) party were probably...correction...were the best House parties I'v been to date.....simply amazing...

Roxy will always be in my heart...along with the beautiful people that frequented it...

Good-bye Roxy.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Alvaro G
Thanks to you for the kind words. The energy inside roxy last night could have powered the whole city. Just goes to show that house music in toronto still lives. Roxy will always be remembered.
You're welcome...and I agree! the energy last night was exactly as you would expect it when such a great club closes.

Adopted

TRIBE Member
another one bites the dust...

from what i hear what we are going to get is another West or Brant House in the Roxy location... say hello to 20 dollar cover and "look at me i am beautiful" attitude... we'll see though...

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
I've been hearing upscale restaurant/lounge upstairs and club downstairs.. but going for that king west crowd

discodancer_j

TRIBE Member
aww man

wow that's crazytown

lots of memeories at Roxy Blu
one of the best nights for me there had to have been seeing Ben Watt play the sweetest stuff known to human kind.....

kudos
janICE

dicksherwood

TRIBE Member
so many good nights at Roxy...good friends who worked the door, never got booted for smoking J's on the couches...she will be missed.

why not

TRIBE Member
crazy night, sad to see the place go.

thanks to junior for having me play - i thought playing an early set in the lounge was going to be boring, but instead it was packed and jumping.

it's strange to see so many new faces getting into the soulful house/garage sound at the same time as all the old timers are retiring - hopefully the next batch will do a better job at reaching out to the younger heads.

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by why not
crazy night, sad to see the place go.

hopefully the next batch will do a better job at reaching out to the younger heads.
totally agree!

so long as there are those who love this music around to spread it to others it will keep going strong! truly believe it. so long as there are those who aren't all elitist about their music and there fore are willing to share this music with everyone, the MUSIC WILL ALWAYS BE RELEVANT... ;)

d

Opel

TRIBE Promoter
i was more at Surface, than Roxy (due to my raveness)

I liked Surface as a venue. Fit a good amount of people, and was always the right price.

I wonder where that sound system will go now, as the tops in the bigger room in the back were from Industry, then moved over to Surface.