• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Goodbye Alcohol you served me well

swilly

TRIBE Member
You were there for me when i was down you were there for me when I was up. You were there for me when I had only 3 dollars left in my pocket and a 2 km walk home. You were there for me during all my break ups and all my celebrations.

You were there for me when I was nineteen you were when i was fifteen in many ways you have been there since the beginning.

But for the next 2 months you will no longer be there.

Sadly, your good friend Mr tobbacoo has become too much of a problem and we are going to have to take a little break from each other. I know it is going to be tough and things might be a little akward for awhile with out Mr tobbaco. There will be many a night when we wish he was there with us but we have to remember all the problems he has caused. I think we both know we will be better of without him.

But even after it wont be the same because i think we both know we have been seeing each other too much these past couple of months and I really do need to try to spend more time with Mr muay thai and Mr language lesson.

But we can still chill on the weekends in a couple of months.

I know its going to be hard but I am doing this for us. I really want us to have a long and lasting relationship but I am doing this because i love you.

I love you and will miss you and will think about you every night while we are apart.

Good bye Mr alchohal you were both my best friend and my nemesis.

I know we can get through this

Your faithful servent

swilly

Poot

TRIBE Member
[dennis leary] All I've got left are cigarettes and beer. That's it. That's all I have. (Places lit cigarette on end next to bottle of beer) These are my friends. Him and him. That's it. What more do you need, when you think about it? (Indicating beer) He's great. I love him. He's hops. He's barley. He's protein. He's a meal. But he's NOTHING without him. (indicating cigarette) It's one of him and one of him. Two of him and two of him. A carton of him and a case of him. Maybe their cousin Coffee comes over on the weekends for a visit. And I love the coffee and I love the beer -- but I love you (indicating cigarettes) most of all. [/dennis leary]

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

littlejon

TRIBE Member
i was such a mother fucking bitch the first night i went out drinking without my good friend nicotine. i got stupid drunk 'cause all i wanted was a smoke and then belligerent and loud, yelling at anything that was not worth setting on fire and inhaling.

o nicotine. it has been so long but i still love you so.
could you forgive me for the last 4 years?

Karim

TRIBE Member
LOL, I can't say anything remotely close to goodbye to alcohol or tobacco. Not after my friends just raided Duty Free for me. 40's and Cartons, how I love you!!

By the way, what the fuck is alcohal?

Liquidity

TRIBE Member
Poot said:
[dennis leary] All I've got left are cigarettes and beer. That's it. That's all I have. (Places lit cigarette on end next to bottle of beer) These are my friends. Him and him. That's it. What more do you need, when you think about it? (Indicating beer) He's great. I love him. He's hops. He's barley. He's protein. He's a meal. But he's NOTHING without him. (indicating cigarette) It's one of him and one of him. Two of him and two of him. A carton of him and a case of him. Maybe their cousin Coffee comes over on the weekends for a visit. And I love the coffee and I love the beer -- but I love you (indicating cigarettes) most of all. [/dennis leary]
oh crap. this makes me want a smoke...

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
swilly you might as well hang up your head dress and get a job colonizing if you're giving up the tobacco. :p

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Best of luck to you! Although I have tried to quit both alcohol and tobacco (along with other substances over the years) I have never made the wttempt to quit multiple substances at the same time. I'd suggest taking up a sex addiction to keep your mind off of it.

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
in case anyone cares, I am still a non smoker from the laser therapy and still have zero cravings (since Jan 20th).

Oh, and I get to keep the good Mr. Alchohol around :)

Jay

BassQueen

TRIBE Member
littlejon said:
i was such a mother fucking bitch the first night i went out drinking without my good friend nicotine. i got stupid drunk 'cause all i wanted was a smoke and then belligerent and loud, yelling at anything that was not worth setting on fire and inhaling.
Amen to that

I quit smoking a few weeks ago, after a 16 year marriage with my little nicotine friend. Since I cannot give up drinking as well (I have limits to setting limits), I have been an absolute moody horror to friends who are supposed to be "enjoying" their nights out with me.

Last week I was sooooo dying for a cigarette that I thought I was actually going to burst into flames, all-the-while staring at the inviting smoking patio. I began to act and resemble Dark Phoenix from X-Men.

However, I did not fall victim to the 2 hour craving (felt like an eternity), and I feel great about that. Just keep telling yourself that life will be better without smokes...eventually.... and also that you are a true champion to learn how to drink without butts.

Good Luck!

pseudonoise

TRIBE Member
I used the exact opposite strategy. I drank like crazy when I quit smoking, therby conditioning myself to be able to drink without smoking.

It was alot easier from there on in.

swilly

TRIBE Member
day 4 done.

sadly, it is the middle of the week but whatever.

I had thought about wanting to continue drinking as well while i broke this habit but... when ever i start to drink i want to smoke. In the past when i have quit for 5 years it was by quitting drinking and just removing myself from all of it for awhile.

It is like trying to break a coke habit but still hanging around all your coke head friends and doing pills etc.... like you associate one with the other.

Hmmmm coke
swilly

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
swilly said:
You were there for me when I had only 3 dollars left in my pocket and a 2 km walk home.
Actually, that was me.

ANd me and booze have ways of finding you, wherever you go.

<shifty eyes>

-jM
A&D

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
swilly said:
day 4 done.

sadly, it is the middle of the week but whatever.

I had thought about wanting to continue drinking as well while i broke this habit but... when ever i start to drink i want to smoke. In the past when i have quit for 5 years it was by quitting drinking and just removing myself from all of it for awhile.

It is like trying to break a coke habit but still hanging around all your coke head friends and doing pills etc.... like you associate one with the other.

Hmmmm coke
swilly

Great logic.