• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Good Pubs in East End?

derek

TRIBE Member
I go to Allens for scotch, their selection is incredible, bartender is very informative.

I also have pints at NYC Cafe, they are cheap and the staff is super friendly.

I'm down for a meet. Sunny, maybe you can help me with the volunteer stuff in person.
if you like scotch try 'the feathers' on kingston rd. one of the best collections in the city.

The Feathers > Home

and i'm pretty sure dora keogh is the same owners of allen's.

and 80 schilling on tap at the auld spot is the really the only reason i'll go there (i can get it at the feathers too).

the wife and i also had a bad experience at ten feet tall.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
What was your bad experience?

I've had many meals there and it's okay. Not great but okay.

The decor is gross and it feels like I'm sitting in a store still, not a bar.
The waitress took 20 minutes to take our order and get our drinks. Then we waited almost an hour for food. She was also a wackjob and though I gave her the benefit of the doubt, I was put off.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

derek

TRIBE Member
that's a while ago, i'm pretty sure 'the feathers' has been there since 83 - 84.

i should ask my dad if he remembers whom he used to purchase our first home the area around 76. you never know.

my cousin's husband had falafel shop where 'relish' is on the danforth in the 90s. bad timing, wrong location at the time.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

case sensitive

TRIBE Member
This thread is evolving nicely, glad to see so many suggestions for my new area.

Anytime you guys want to meetup, after 7pm on weekdays, is good for me.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Meet-up: how about next Hump Day at Ceili's Cottage?
It's supposed to be hot and sunny.

Some of us can start early there (me) and people can meet us after work.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

case sensitive

TRIBE Member
Nope, I have never left this continent. I have made a personal vow to visit the worthwhile cities in North America.....before spreading my international wings.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I'm organizing an east end meet up.
Ceili's Cottage, Wednesday, Sept. 21.

I wanna go at 4 PM and get some sun. But I'm saying 5 PM and onwards for those who work. I hope we get a table. Hm.
I got a few responses already. So far, there's 4 of us.

- Sunny

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
I'm organizing an east end meet up.
Ceili's Cottage, Wednesday, Sept. 21.

I wanna go at 4 PM and get some sun. But I'm saying 5 PM and onwards for those who work. I hope we get a table. Hm.
I got a few responses already. So far, there's 4 of us.

- Sunny

Just saw the invite Sunny.

Can't make it and its not because my wife thinks I'm going to get jumped for my talk in the highly volatile Ford threads LOL.

Hopefully there will be another meet up in the future.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Well, there are people who say they're coming at 6 and 7. I'm gonna stay till I'm sufficiently drunk and heading home to sleep!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Ok with the rain, it's not happening. How about next week? Or maybe this weekend if it's nice. Sunday could be nice. People can bring their kids if they want too.