• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Good program for ghosting a HD?

kaniz

TRIBE Member
My computer is starting to run like shit and I havnt done a format on it in over a year. As far as I know, I dont have any spyware/virii/etc, just ran a few scans. But, I find windows starts to run sluggish on its own accord after use for a long time.

Anywho, gunna do a format/reinstall soon, and once I get everything re-installed I want to make a ghost image of the setup so next time I decide to do a format/reinstall I just need to reload the image and dont need to worry about re-installing office/photoshop/etc/etc/etc.

Also, I'm sure a quick google could answer this for me, but I'm lazy

- how do I go about changing the drive that my documents/etc is stored on? I'd like to create a 40g partition that I'll keep just windows + applications on, then documents/downloads/mp3s/etc/etc go onto another one so when I format, I dont need to worry about backing up all of my user data.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
try cleaning up your registry with Eusing Free Registry Cleaner.

i downloaded it from download.com and ran it last week. 1300 dead registry references cleaned up and my 'puter's running like santo gold since.

you will do it.

kaniz

TRIBE Member
^^ Just ran that, cleaned out about 1,000 entries, and things seem to be far more responsive now then they have been. Now, to do a defrag (havnt done that in awhile) and I should be set...