• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Good Price On Jewellery?

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
What is the best way to get a good price on a mens white gold chain?

online stores? can they be trusted? know any reliable ones?

pawn shops? wouldn't a fair bit of knowledge and appraisal abilities be required?

store down on Yonge st?


thanks for all info

PS this isn't for me so the jokes about Bling can stay silent! :p
 
Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
lucky1 said:
you pay for gold buy the weight, and the quality of gold.


I know that but aren't the margins quite high? That is what I really mean, where can the margin be reduced as much as possible?
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Chains are pretty standard i think.. if you buy off a pawn shop of course it will be cheaper, but its used (stolen) Buy off an independant and you'll probably get the best prices
 

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
lucky1 said:
Chains are pretty standard i think.. if you buy off a pawn shop of course it will be cheaper, but its used (stolen)
if one doesn't have any moral problem with that is it a good buy? Will the pawn shop dealers lie about weight, karats etc. or is it a straight deal

lucky1 said:
Buy off an independant and you'll probably get the best prices

what/where is an independant?


PS lucky1 thanks for the help.
 

lucky1

TRIBE Member
you can always tell the karat value of gold becasue it will be stamped on the peiece... usually on the clasp. weight is harder one to be sure about.. by independant I mean an independant shop.. not birks or peoples or whatever.. if you go there you just pay more mark up.
 

jebac

TRIBE Member
if you know exactly what youre looking and have some time to spare my brother in law can make it. only problem is hes abroad so it will take a bit

but lucky1 is right, the karats are always stamped on the chain and if theyre not dont buy it no matter what. the weight, well u can use your little digi scale

-jebac
 

salad

TRIBE Member
jebac said:
the karats are always stamped on the chain and if theyre not dont buy it no matter what. the weight, well u can use your little digi scale
Tons of non-reputable shops will simply stamp a higher carat weight on the gold. They know that 99% of people will not even question its validity.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
salad said:
Tons of non-reputable shops will simply stamp a higher carat weight on the gold. They know that 99% of people will not even question its validity.

hmmmm, maybe I should be that 1% :)
 
Top