• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Good news from the humane society

zee

TRIBE Member
this came in my email from one of the volunteer coordinators

"If you can believe it, the cat adoption room is almost empty! We have had a lot of media coverage that has helped get all these cats into their forever homes that much faster. We have had dozens of people come to adopt last weekend and we forecast that it will be the same for the weekend coming."

just something to brighten your day :)

edit: for those who don't know, in the past few months the humane society had been overloaded with cats and dogs for adoption, and had to reduce their adoption fees from $100 something to $20-something, to try to find homes for them

Last edited:

CiG

TRIBE Member

HEllO?

Originally posted by Littlest Hobo
It was Chinese new year yesterday, you know. :p :D

lol...

---

So 'forever homes' eh... Who thinks of these terms...

Off to eat some freedom fries...

BYe nOW
Luka

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zee
just something to brighten your day :)
YAY!! It did... I have one cat at home and I don't want another one (I'm more of a dog person), but I still felt bad about not giving those poor kitties a home...

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
That makes me soooooo happy to hear this. Big ups to the people who adopted the kitties. I hope that the rest will find nice loving homes too. It breaks my heart that they have to be there...stupid, irresponsible people.

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
we went to adopt 2 cats but the brother and sister that we found that were so cute were already being interviewed for... :( we have to go back to find a couple more...

glad to hear all the cats are getting homes!!

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
couldn't resist... lol lol

shavedpussy.jpg

d

~NoCo~

TRIBE Member
that picture made me sick....

i feel horrible for the humane society cats...when we were looking for a cat we went there and they all run to the ends of the cages and meow....

i think they can sense what their fate is if they don't get adopted....

when we adopted our cat she was pregnant and before they let us have her they aborted her babies!!
but never told us any of this until after the fact...

i seriously think it fucked her up....she thinks she is supposed to have babies rigth now...

S.

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
^Yeah I know what ur saying but, in a way I think it is better to not have so many kitties without enough people who want to adopt them. I wish people would be more responsible and fix their animals...makes me so mad.

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by geminigirl
dvs...are you for real? Why would you post that?

Fucking idiot.

geminigirl... lol = NOT for real

if only you knew how many animals i help "rescue" a year you wouldn't jump to posting a personal attack upon me so quickly so how 'bout a big "fck you" right back at ya !?

get a grip and take a joke will ya? i love animals as much as the next person... maybe i just have a twisted sense of humour? it was in response to the "chinese new year" bit, which while maybe offensive to some, was fcking priceless.

fyi... if you noticed my previous post to that one (or maybe it was the one immediately following that one of you really want to go through all of my posts) it was the exact same pic on the "shaved.... bushy... etc." thread.

lighten up!! sheesh

d

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Why would I take it any other way? This is a thread about the Humane Society. You posted a very tasteless picture that most people don't care to see. How you find that funny, I don't get. I just don't find humour at the expense of animals like that. Pictures like that are very upsetting to me. Plain and sumple.

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by geminigirl
Why would I take it any other way? This is a thread about the Humane Society. You posted a very tasteless picture that most people don't care to see..

I saved it actually on my hard drive..I thought it was funny, sometimes tasteless=hilarious.

Whats the big deal here?

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
I just think it's very tasteless and heartless humour. If you find it funny good for you. But it is upsetting to some of us.:(