• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Good fish & chips place in Toronto?

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
I've been craving *proper* fish & chips for a while and don't know where to go! Anywhere in the general downtown area or Bathurst & St-Clair area will do.

Help me Tribe, you're my only hope...

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
I went to the irish embassy the other day, I didnt have the fish and chips (but they did have fish and chips). I had the Bison Burger, it was pretty good!!! But thats not what you asked!!

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
fionn mccools (i don't care how it's spelt) has the best food ever!
and seeing as how they are an irish bar, i'd bet their fish and chips rules too.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Yes, I've been looking for a good fish n chips place also. There's a good one in London but I don't know of any in Toronto.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stir-fry
fionn mccools (i don't care how it's spelt) has the best food ever!
and seeing as how they are an irish bar, i'd bet their fish and chips rules too.

yup good gravy too.

ps. I think you spelt it right ;)

I miss the Esplanade :(

Oh and if you're ever down in New Toronto. There's an amazing place that's been around wince I was a wee little girl on.......4th or 5th Street, I think it's 5th Street. Pretty sure :confused:

But YUM and not $10 for one person either.

sohaness

TRIBE Member
black cat on avenue road. a few blocks south of wilson, on the east side. its a few doors down from baskin robbins.

sooo good!

steve.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kmac
Or Primrose on Mt. Pleasant.

close, it's PENrose...but agreed, that pace is super good, old-world, no-frills, wrapped-in-newspaper, greasy as all hell fish and chips....SOOOOOOOOO GOOD.

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by LeoGirl

yup good gravy too.

ps. I think you spelt it right ;)

I miss the Esplanade :(

oh, and they have this volcano chocolate dessert that is freshly baked in heaven and transported straight to your plate.

it's godlike!

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dirty Girl
I went to the irish embassy the other day, I didnt have the fish and chips (but they did have fish and chips).
Last time I was there I had the F&C. It was good. Not the best though.

The best place I've been to is in Guelph.

The Kid

TRIBE Member
I really shouldn't be giving away this secret.... but The Foggy Dew makes the best fish 'n chips, made proper with beer in the batter and served in newspaper... and so damn good!

They also make a good Black Velvet (Guiness and Harp) which goes great with fish n' chips... yum!

noodle

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Kid
I really shouldn't be giving away this secret.... but The Foggy Dew makes the best fish 'n chips, made proper with beer in the batter and served in newspaper... and so damn good!

They also make a good Black Velvet (Guiness and Harp) which goes great with fish n' chips... yum!
And where is this place you speak of?

I second the Black Cat....I haven't eaten there in years but I can still remember how damn good it was.

I am so craving proper F&C right now.

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
I've never had it but there is a place at Queen and Strachan that has caught my eye. It's on the southside of Queen by that Japanese paper place. It seems pretty good, as there are always people inside. I'm quite sure they wrap their fish in the newspaper too. Anyone tried this place?

I also give another vote for Penrose too.

patri©k

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stir-fry
this guy i know drinks half strongbow half guinness
it tasted pretty good though

you should see what Kevin drinks when he has no mix !

:p UGH !

vodka and amaretto !

der-TAH !

patri©k