• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Goldie letting one rip on DOA

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Kung Po Beef

TRIBE Member
"When it comes to me - I love my music more than my money or women"

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!:D

Thanks for clearing that up, dude. But what about the coke? Where does that rank Goldie?
 

rentboy

TRIBE Member
love how people were coining his own lines in the thread.

"I create the bodies, i don't erase the bodies".

"Temper, Temper now, now"

also, he has the tendency to babble on about Timeless and how important it is, and this issue of respect.
Well, Goldie how about giving some respect to Rob Playford instead of hogging the delusions of grandeur.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
well his track did get taken without his permission by redeyes. I don't support bad attitude or violence, but I can see why he would get so irritated. Redeyes didn't even have the balls to apologise to him in person. Some comments are awesome, plus one ph0t0ch0p. Too bad Goldie couldn't keep his cool. He must be seething.
 

catilyst

TRIBE Member
ravinjunkie said:
well his track did get taken without his permission by redeyes. I don't support bad attitude or violence, but I can see why he would get so irritated. Redeyes didn't even have the balls to apologise to him in person. Some comments are awesome, plus one ph0t0ch0p. Too bad Goldie couldn't keep his cool. He must be seething.

First off nothing in that thread has been confirmed. And even still, seething is one thing, throwing somebody down stairs and kicking them is another. Goldie has made some great 'Timeless' music (of course many would argue he's had alot of help in the studio) but his attitude is ironic given the fact that so much of this music relys on sampling other peoples music. I know there's a difference between a) taking a break and structuring your own kit over it and going from there and b) taking some classic vocals and melody and revamping it but the point has to be made. Like someone else mentioned on DOA, do you think Goldie has never spun a bootleg, or a rip off remix? This type of elitism will never have a positive effect.
 

rentboy

TRIBE Member
catilyst said:
First off nothing in that thread has been confirmed. And even still, seething is one thing, throwing somebody down stairs and kicking them is another. Goldie has made some great 'Timeless' music (of course many would argue he's had alot of help in the studio) but his attitude is ironic given the fact that so much of this music relys on sampling other peoples music. I know there's a difference between a) taking a break and structuring your own kit over it and going from there and b) taking some classic vocals and melody and revamping it but the point has to be made. Like someone else mentioned on DOA, do you think Goldie has never spun a bootleg, or a rip off remix? This type of elitism will never have a positive effect.

exactly.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kate

TRIBE Member
Two of my besties who live in England were at the End when this happened...

I guess redeyes had made a thread ages ago apologizing to Goldie for bootlegging his tune; he is a pretty sweet french guy, whose stuff is getting caned by Zinc, etc. Anyway, he sent the tune to a few people to get their thoughts on it (probably shouldn't have, but hindsight's 20/20) and the next thing you know its being played on 1XTRA.

Anyway, Goldie kicked the shit out of him at the End, when this guy was playing there. Sounds pretty rageaholic to me!!

Darcy I think we know where coke ranks....
 

0=0

TRIBE Member
Goldie has pulled this sort of violence before...there was a story of him attacking dan donnely in the boogie times tribe store for releasing a record with a sample goldie WANTED to use (not even used..but WANTED to use - A SAMPLE not something he created but something to be lifted from something else ha)

some people just get militant ha.

j

0=0
 

miss riot

TRIBE Promoter
What about the story when Goldie was so drunk & coked up he was puking on the girls giving him blowjobs in the hotel. Yeah, coke is the winnAr with him, no questions asked. Hello! clearly needs to do a story on him.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

0=0

TRIBE Member
MakeShift said:
^^^^censorship sucks....

people who pull shady shit should be exposed....

so i'm welcome to talk about the shady actions (and inactions) of your "better-half" from friday night?

or are some things worth censoring?

j

0=0
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MakeShift

TRIBE Promoter
0=0 said:
so i'm welcome to talk about the shady actions (and inactions) of your "better-half" from friday night?

or are some things worth censoring?

j

0=0

i was merely reffering to the concept of censorship, and not specifically refering to someone. im just not a fan of censorship on any level in any sort of medium or scene / culture / media. i didnt know things were gonna get personal.

i cant speak directly for my "better-half" (as you call it). but i can say that she is one of the most upstanding people anyone can ever meet. her reputation for being professional is 2nd to none. and you would be hard-pressed to find anyone in the local or international scene who thinks otherwise.

if we are going to get a bit personal......can you make the same claim about yourself?

im not going to get into a drawn out tit-for-tat discussion with you on this.

ive said my peace.

chris / c64
 

vox

TRIBE Member
0=0 said:
so i'm welcome to talk about the shady actions (and inactions) of your "better-half" from friday night?

or are some things worth censoring?

j

0=0

dude...not that i have to justify myself to you, or to anyone in this godforsaken place/scene.

but i really really really think you should consider what you're going to say, if you're going to try to start a shitstorm with me. because whatever you happen to think about my so-called "actions" or, the even hazier and highly subjective "inactions" (and the only thing i can think of is that i left the party at 2:00am, and quite frankly, they're called midterms, guy), there is a long and storied history of your "actions" and "inactions" on both sides of the atlantic, that probably shouldn't be aired.

i'm just a part-time, small-time promoter, who's been pretty much done with jungle and all scene-related ish for the past few years...so i don't have anything to lose/nor do i care about any smear campaign against me, because i don't have any eggs in this particular basket.

i've done my part, and i'm proud of what i've done. so if you want to drag shit up, and have it out on tribe, of all places, then go ahead. but don't be cryptic about it. lay it out on the line, just be prepared for me to do the same...and we might as well get tdot jungle involved too...just for the hells of it!!!!

fin.

*unless you're talking about gunns...in which case...WHAT DID HE DO?!?!!!???

haha!
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top