• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Going to Vancouver Tomorrow - Any Suggestions?

--[Zirca]--

TRIBE Promoter
dj_soo said:
and yea, i've got no gigs till Halloween :-\. Been meaning to get involved with a weekly again but i'm getting too old and/or lazy for that :)

It's clearly not due to skill. Let me know when you're coming into town next.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

djdeposit

TRIBE Member
I was actually thinking of winging vancouver last weekend
when I took a look at aircanada prices, i shit my pants.

any suggestions on cheap flights from toronto to vancouver and vice versa?

MoFo

TRIBE Member
djdeposit said:
I was actually thinking of winging vancouver last weekend
when I took a look at aircanada prices, i shit my pants.

any suggestions on cheap flights from toronto to vancouver and vice versa?

Mine was $494 total for Air Canada. We bought them right after Thanksgiving. It was, like, $700 the week before.

Go get tickets and come party with me.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Really?
Isn't that relatively cheap for a cross-canada flight?
I saw $700 - $1200 for NYC this summer. Ridiculous.

Renton

TRIBE Member
MoFo said:
That's another thing: hippies know how to party. I want to go to some hip hip or breaks jams. The listings in the Straight are not giving me anything.

http://www.tribalharmonix.org/events/

Try that site. I found out about some really amazing jams through that website. It's kind of hit and miss though, some weekends are packed with events, others are kind of dead.

johnny B rad

TRIBE Member
TUSANAMI SUSHI on robbson st. was delicious back in 96. i dunno about now. i like the vancouver art gallery. a cool place to chill in the summer. (behind the gallery, on robbson st. i think) lots of people out skatboarding, smoking refer on the stairs, hackey sac, bongo drumming etc etc..

dj_soo

TRIBE Member
oh yea, Shine on Wednesday is our best local reggae/dancehall night. It gets ridiculously packed and crazy in there each and every week.

TheLiquidFairy

TRIBE Member
Indian place in English Bay [I live here/there]... Vijs? mmm soooo good.

How many days are you here for [too tired to look it up].
Shit I should go to bed.

PM me sunshine if you want to hook up this weekend sometime.

MG

Genesius

TRIBE Member
MoFo,

I'm not sure it's your steaze, but deep cove in north van is nice, in a 'with-that-special-someone' kinda way. There's a great little restaurant there that serves an amazing mango-salmon. *drool*

Also the museum in Van is pretty cool and Granville (sp?) island should not be missed (from there you can hook up with a pretty good art scene).

Oh yeah, have fun man! Hope the weather stays nice for you.

Last edited:

kate

TRIBE Member
My most beautiful and lovely friend works at Shine and I hear its a pretty fun place to go...

Go to Yaletown and Gastown and definitely to Richard Kid.

FKKK KATE BEAT ME TO IT.....

I WAS GOING OT SAY RICHARD KIDD!!!

THEY SELL UNDERCOVER!!!!

Richard Kidd (65 Water St.; 604-677-1880; richardkidd.net). The striking glass storefront of this three-year-old, two-storey emporium is a precursor to an edited range of designer men's and women's clothing, ranging from $70 Kleenex-weight T-shirts to $3,000 Balenciaga suits to ambient housewares such as scented candles and room sprays.

SuperKennyK

TRIBE Member
Walk the Sea Wall in Stanley Park.

Clubs are not that great here so don't get your hopes up. Although there is a gay club on Davie called Celebreties which you might enjoy. It has a mix of gay and straight people, although I found the house music was way to fruity and gay for my taste.

Take a drive up the mountain on the North Shore and smoke one. It has an awesome view of the city.

Eat lots of Sushi and drink lots of coffee (warning: if you follow this advice, you may never be satisfied with sushi and coffee in Toronto again).

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
johnny B rad said:
TUSANAMI SUSHI on robbson st. was delicious back in 96. i dunno about now. i like the vancouver art gallery. a cool place to chill in the summer. (behind the gallery, on robbson st. i think) lots of people out skatboarding, smoking refer on the stairs, hackey sac, bongo drumming etc etc..

yes! Tusanami is where I went with Thom100 and we stuffed ourselves silly....mmmmmm def. go there if you can...its upstairs.
haha yeah if you want ganja go behind the gallery...also people sell cool artwork behind there...

I miss you Van! see you soon ;)