• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Going to San Fransisco.......things to do?

BigLove

TRIBE Member
I was in SF in the fall. Check out the chowder and crab at the wharf, you'll love it. Check out the sea lions at the wharf too, you'll laugh your ass off. We did Alcatraz and the Golden Gate bridge. Went up to Napa Valley too and went to a bunch of the wineries. Didn't get a chance to check out Sonoma however. SF has tons of great restaurants too and I thought the suhsi bars were out of this world good (plus they all have dj's). I checked out Miguel Migs at Mighty, that was a great party and Lawnchair Generals, Behrouz and others at Kelly's Mission Rock. The club scene is great, the crowd gets really into it and they rip it up on the dance floor, they look good too. The shopping in and around Union Square has pretty much anything you want. I was also told that the drive to Carmel is totally worth it, however I didn't get a chance to go.

Reborn

TRIBE Member
Just put on the list of things we're planning on doing per my friend's request........
......SNOWBOARDING IN LAKE TAHOEEEE...............so excited

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Is 1015 Folsom still around?

And Labrat what was the name of that place with the $1 vodka and orange splashes?

There's also the sunshine biscuit factory.

Failing that, you can always end up and the end up.

-jM
A&D

oh toro

TRIBE Member
first sat of month is kontrol at the endup. www.kontrolsf.com josh wink spun a techno set a few months ago at control. there are lots of one off parties on sat at the endup that are really good. i think doc martin spun the most recent one. sometimes they book big names on sunday nights. frankie knuckles, louie vega, etc.. imo, there's no other club or venue in the city that comes close to the endup, esp. when headliners are booked. it's one of two clubs in the city that has something going on that allows them to operate non-stop. the other one is where the trannies hangout.

whatever the case, if you happen to be partying sat night and want to keep it goin, then sunday morning at the endup is where you'll probably be. if the weather is nice and there were a few good parties the night before it could be very interesting.

what are your travel dates?

oh toro

TRIBE Member
Is 1015 Folsom still around?

And Labrat what was the name of that place with the $1 vodka and orange splashes?

There's also the sunshine biscuit factory.

Failing that, you can always end up and the end up.

-jM
A&D
1015 is still around. it's been totally renovated and really nice inside, but it totally lost the vibe and nobody except for bridge and tunnel go there.

dstarr

TRIBE Member
If the weather is nice, drive down to Monterey/Carmel but keep going into Big Sur. There is a resto there called Nepenthe that not only has killer burgers but AMAZING views.

Agree, SF people know how to have a good time. The day after new years, the bars were full.

Do alcatraz first thing in the morning. first boat and go right up the hill and in.. I always tell people this because you can get out and back to city by like 10:30 or so and not waste you day... escaping.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
yeah drinking an anchor steam stubby and eating chowder by the water is pretty rad, if you get the chance.

if you plan to party in san fran, proper like... you end up @ the endup sunday.

all there is to it.

edit: pink closed? what happened?

Last edited:

beaker

TRIBE Member
some memorable restaurants:
taylor's refresher (awesome burger joint)
yank sing (dim sum)
slanted door (vietnamese/fusion)
any mexican restaurant

we tried the chowder on the wharf but i guess we went to the wrong place cuz it was pretty unremarkable. there are dozens of seafood stands there and we couldn't figure out which one to eat at.

we also enjoyed walking around valencia/the mission. there are some cool stores (mcsweeneys pirate store, paxton gate).

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Is there good acid around there too?
I got my pic taken at the corner of Haight/Ashbury. It's just kinda of a cool area to check out knowing all the stuff that went down in that neighborhood.

I got lots of acid in Cali, but not nessessarily on that street corner.ha Good luck on your search.:p

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories