• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

God Of War 2 Footage

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
I borrowed the first one from a friend and right after I got to a certain point it would always freeze. I played so many times up until that point thinking maybe this time it wont happen, but it always did.

I think I might rent the first one b/c I've been looking for a game to play b/c I have no real social life. Maybe I should just buy one that's been "previously enjoyed". I wonder how much the first one would be.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Was it a burned copy? There were a lot of faulty torrents out there because the game was on a dual-layer disc. People tried to 'fix' it and fit it on a single-layer disc by taking out a couple of movies, but a lot of them would freeze.

I want some Blades of Chaos to bring to the office.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Well dual-layer discs are rife with problems, can scratch easily, etc. That's why very few games use the format.

It's definitely worth playing through the first one though. The story will probably be an integral part of the second one, besides the fact that it is one of the very best titles to be released for the PS2.

kaniz

TRIBE Member
I found that the game had the right balance of difficulty and length.

It felt challenging, but never so much to be annoying/fusturating
And the game was /just/ long enough. If it had gone on much longer, it would of felt like it dragged, if it had ended much sooner - it would of felt cut short.

I find its pretty rare that a game manages to balance difficulty and length so well like that, they tend to be either too easy for me, or too hard and I get annoyed.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
kaniz said:
I found that the game had the right balance of difficulty and length.

It felt challenging, but never so much to be annoying/fusturating
And the game was /just/ long enough. If it had gone on much longer, it would of felt like it dragged, if it had ended much sooner - it would of felt cut short.

I find its pretty rare that a game manages to balance difficulty and length so well like that, they tend to be either too easy for me, or too hard and I get annoyed.
Exactly! The level design and the control (two aspects that are so often neglected over pretty graphics) were impeccably done. It seemed like the save points popped up at all the right times, and that the solution to the puzzles were always apparent (except for one puzzle in the whole game that required a lot of backtracking).

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
The only 'issue' I had with the game was the climbing and jumping on the rotating knives. It took me forever to get through that part of the game.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Sleepy Giant said:
The only 'issue' I had with the game was the climbing and jumping on the rotating knives. It took me forever to get through that part of the game.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that part...I had some issues with the wall climb near the end, where there's shit falling on you. It was just pure memorization.

freshest1

TRIBE Member
Sleepy Giant said:
I rarely ever do this but I'm buying this the day it comes out.
I was thinking the same. best game ever, although the sequal looks even better. holy fuck, the kills look awsome. only down side is the reply value.

kaniz

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
Exactly! The level design and the control (two aspects that are so often neglected over pretty graphics) were impeccably done. It seemed like the save points popped up at all the right times, and that the solution to the puzzles were always apparent (except for one puzzle in the whole game that required a lot of backtracking).
Yeah, that was the only one that left me scratching my head, cliffs of madness?

In no other part of the game do you need to backtrack at all, then all of a sudden - boom, you need to go back half a level. If even monsters re-spawned to let me know "Hey, you should be back here again" it would of helped.

Then again, it is supposed to be the cliffs of madness

That part drove me NUTS, not so much the running across them, but the climbing up. I kept trying, and trying, and trying.

Then, I think I gave up and waited for faunty to get home to show him what a pain in the ass it was, and I ended up running up my 1st attempt not even getting hit once.

Its a mix of memory, timing and dumb luck. Thankfully, that was near the end and we didnt get more levels like that.

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
freshest1 said:
I was thinking the same. best game ever, although the sequal looks even better. holy fuck, the kills look awsome. only down side is the reply value.
The harder difficulty levels made it like a new game for me. You couldn't just mash the buttons...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
PRIMAL said:
I'll have to check out blockbuster for a previously used one to buy.

It's now a "Playstation's Greatest Hits" title....

Should be able to get a new one for about $19.99.

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
heh, just rented this a couple weeks ago again so my roomate could check it out. I kept telling him how badass it was. Anyways he just beat it last night.

Like someone mentioned above...this game has the perfect mix of elements. I'll definately be giving GodOfWar II a shot!

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
wikkd game! even more fun was after doing the 10 chambers thing... doing the whole game again as the COW of war! Way too much fun...

if it came out on the 360... my social life would end for a short while.

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
Eclectic said:
It's now a "Playstation's Greatest Hits" title....

Should be able to get a new one for about $19.99.
That's wicked. Thanks.

And think of all you suckers that paid over $60. ;)

freshest1

TRIBE Member
Sleepy Giant said:
Me either :( the one where you can only kill dudes X and not dudes Y screws me up.

you just have to do the plumes of whatever- the move where you jump in the air and slam your blades in the ground along with the spinning blades move. it takes a few tries.