• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Go Pacers!

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
Who would have thought a few days ago Raps fans would want Indiana to win...but assuming the Raps win tonight, a Pacer win over Milwaukee puts the Raps in 7th, 1 up on both teams (we play the Bucks next week)...

Charlotte vs Cleveland and Philly vs Washington also key tonite...

discuss..
 

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
thank god i read your entire post.

i was a nanosecond away from losing it at the title of the thread.....(sheepish grin)
 

silver1

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kerouacdude
Who would have thought a few days ago Raps fans would want Indiana to win...but assuming the Raps win tonight, a Pacer win over Milwaukee puts the Raps in 7th, 1 up on both teams (we play the Bucks next week)...

Charlotte vs Cleveland and Philly vs Washington also key tonite...

discuss..

I'd rather Raps finish 8th and go up agains NJ rather than finish 7th and go up against Detroit. that's just me though.
 

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Libradragon
thank god i read your entire post.

i was a nanosecond away from losing it at the title of the thread.....(sheepish grin)

I've seen your many Raptor posts...I intentionally titled it that way for you :D
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Go Pacers!

Originally posted by silver1


I'd rather Raps finish 8th and go up agains NJ rather than finish 7th and go up against Detroit. that's just me though.

That Pistons team has no playoff experience though...while many of the Nets don't, Jason Kidd does...in a best of 5, i think they'd have a better shot over the Pistons ....of course they could finish 6th still
 

Trini

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Go Pacers!

Originally posted by silver1


I'd rather Raps finish 8th and go up agains NJ rather than finish 7th and go up against Detroit. that's just me though.

much better chance of beating the Piston than the Nets in my opinion.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

silver1

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Go Pacers!

Originally posted by kerouacdude


That Pistons team has no playoff experience though...while many of the Nets don't, Jason Kidd does...in a best of 5, i think they'd have a better shot over the Pistons ....of course they could finish 6th still

Yes. But to me, Stackhouse is a player that can carry a team on his shoulders down the stretch if needed. I'm much more affraid of Stackhouse than I am of Kidd.

And look at the match-ups.

Todd McCullough vs. Montross/Olajuwan -> even matchup
Keith Van Horn vs. AD -> adv. Raptors
Kenyon Martin vs. JYD -> adv. Raps (IMO because of JYDs Defense)
Kerry Kittles vs. Mo Pete -> last year I would have said NJ but now I'd give the advantage to Mo Pete.
Jason Kidd vs. Alvin -> adv. NJ

The big thing is, if the raptors play tight on the supporting players, Jason Kidd will have a VERY tough time controlling the game.

Whereas in Detroit, Stackhouse is a breakout type of player that can take the game into his own hands (like T-Mac, or Kobe, or a healthy Vince etc.). That worries me more than Jason Kidd.
 

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
Re: Re: Re: Go Pacers!

Originally posted by Trini


much better chance of beating the Piston than the Nets in my opinion.

me too.

And you know what, even if we don't make it to second rounds, I'm damned proud of the raps - everything they've been through could only make them better, imo.
 

416

TRIBE Member
I kinda disagree. I think we have a better chance against the nets. We've got a better half court game then them... well, a passible half court game (would be sweet with VC). And they've got nothing in the post. AD and yes, even the Dream would have a feild day all over that fat Cannuck the nets are trying to pass off as a starting center.

But reallyI don't think it matters. If the Raps hit the playoffs, I kinda think we're a long shot to win against anyone.

Blah blah blah... hey, I just found out that I might have some ticket action for tonight's game!
 

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Go Pacers!

Originally posted by Libradragon



And you know what, even if we don't make it to second rounds, I'm damned proud of the raps - everything they've been through could only make them better, imo.

you really feel that way? Proud i mean...it seems like this streak was equal parts hard work and self-preservation...Season's 82 games - I'm not so sure this resurgence makes up for January and February... people were talking Conference leader coming in...there'll be a major reckoning if they don't get to the 2nd round...given how much they coughed up in salaries Lenny will probably go
 

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
I disagree, I would be cheering for the Bucks. I think the first objective should be to make the playoffs. If the Bucks win it would put the Raptors further ahead of the Pacers. If the Raptors want 7th place then can go ahead of the Bucks by beating them in their upcoming game.

Pete
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

416

TRIBE Member
VC's cut.

No wait, Childs is cut.

No no, it's Lenny, Lenny's cut.


It's glaringly obvious that Toronto is a brand spanking new basketball city.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Go Pacers!

Originally posted by kerouacdude


I'm not so sure this resurgence makes up for January and February... people were talking Conference leader coming in...o

dude, our players were all injured man. Can't really do anything about that.
 

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Go Pacers!

Originally posted by Libradragon


dude, our players were all injured man. Can't really do anything about that.


Sorry Libra, that excuse just doesn't wash in pro sports...They weren't all injured and ALL teams go through injuries....on a relative scale, they've probably had more injuries than many teams in the NBA but not all and certainly nothing extraordinary for a pro basketball team. As far as significant injuries (calibre of player and length of injury) you're talking about two players and certainly nothing to compare to losing Grant Hill for an entire season....and i know i'm comparing across sports but the Leafs got bit by the injury bug much worse and if they don't make it to the second round (having similar expectations as the Raps) it will be viewed as a disappointment regardless of the injuries they faced.
 

-Mercury-

TRIBE Member
Who cares what the first round match-ups are?? The fact of the matter is, (in the East) any team who makes the playoffs has a chance to win it.

Then they just have to hope that the teams in the west have beaten the hell out of each other to get to the final by that point, to have much of a chance against the western conf. champ in the finals.
 
Top