• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Gnarls Barkley

wayne bradbury

TRIBE Member
There is a terrible radio station I'm forced to listen to at work. I've heard them drop Gnarles name a few times and I want nothing to do with him based on the playlist of the station.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Juan Love

TRIBE Member
Brilliant single...cee-lo got soul, bet on that like a forthcomin' Nikki Richie sex tape.

Illest bit here though is the album art...simply swankadelic.

Juan Love

TRIBE Member
The nursey-nurse at the walk in clinic asked me that very question.

'Frequent Ointment Purchase Program'...

either I fucked up the hand signals or I shoulda known better than to accept the testimony of a noted midget erotica producer.

It's not art, motherfucker...it's exploitation!

scott

TRIBE Member
bootyhunta said:
Is it just the single that is coming out or is it the whole album?
whole album.

"crazy" is one of the best tracks I've heard in a while. I've been bumping the shit outta that for the past month or so like a 14 year old girl.

wayne bradbury

TRIBE Member
I know what song you are all going on about now. Its not all that bad a track but its not all that great either. I personally would rather listen to the Meters or Al Green.

zorak

TRIBE Member
wayne bradbury said:
I personally would rather listen to the Meters or Al Green.
why not listen to all three?

that's like saying, "i'd rather listen to sun ra then madlib"
sillyness i tells you

zoo

TRIBE Member
St Elsewhere is a good track also. Overall I'm liking the album, though it's a bit more like Cee-lo's solo albums than I expected it to be. You can really tell who brings what to each track, and (IMO) the best moments are when Cee-lo turns the crooner on and Danger Mouse busts the lo-fi out. The last track is pretty huge.

miss riot

TRIBE Promoter
zoo said:
St Elsewhere is a good track also. Overall I'm liking the album, though it's a bit more like Cee-lo's solo albums than I expected it to be. You can really tell who brings what to each track, and (IMO) the best moments are when Cee-lo turns the crooner on and Danger Mouse busts the lo-fi out. The last track is pretty huge.

!!! I've had this on heavy rotation cos someone at work brought it in a few days ago. Necromancer makes it heavvvvvvy.

zoo

TRIBE Member
the last track 'when was the last time you danced' is still so huge i can barely get enough ..

patio-d

TRIBE Member
zoo said:
the last track 'when was the last time you danced' is still so huge i can barely get enough ..
that's my track too! it's a smash.

'rock with me baby
dance with me darling
step with me sweetheart
the world is watching!'

can't wait to hear this song out and cut rugs to it.

Sugar D

TRIBE Promoter
poker face said:
I think "Crazy" is going to be the next "Hey Yeah".
It already is.

Like Hey Yeah, not only are The Edge & Flow playing Crazy but so is Mix 99.9 and Chum.

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
Crazy's a great track, but I still can't believe that after allll the dope tracks Cee-Lo's put out, *this* is the one that's finally getting him the recognition he deserves.

zoo

TRIBE Member
^^ see "Basehead Jazz" and "Gettin' Grown" for two pieces of Cee-lo's previous work that have entered my personal music-hall-of-fame