• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Globe and Mail just wrote the best headline of 2015 and we're one month in...

Lojack

TRIBE Member
lol

I had a conversation with someone who holds anti-vax opinions, and I'll admit I treated them in a less than effective manner as far as arguing counter-points goes.. repeatedly calling them selfish & stupid does that.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

praktik

TRIBE Member
lol

I had a conversation with someone who holds anti-vax opinions, and I'll admit I treated them in a less than effective manner as far as arguing counter-points goes.. repeatedly calling them selfish & stupid does that.

Ya there's only so much you can do - our only hope is the "vaccine hesitant" - so I try to be respectful and stick to the facts and its tough to skirt around how much BS is there in a way that doesnt come across as dickish.

But hey, i guess they think pro vaccine people are either the witting or unwitting agents of death and developmental disorders - so maybe we shouldn't be approaching this as if there is a foundation of mutual respect.

You're either a "shill" or a "useful idiot", mindlessly repeating big pharma propaganda like "herd immunity", which I guess, has no settled science behind it AT ALL and is a big hoax just to convince us to line up for those injections!

My hope is that by trying to stay at least mostly reasonable, what you say and what they say (if online) can be read by third parties and you know on the whole, the most reasonable argument will win (can't help them getting a few attaboys from their tribe).

But its really a part of one's core self-identity when you're really "anti vaccine" - so giving an inch means giving up a part of yourself. You see this in a lot of places these days its not exclusive to them (Republican movement conservatism has a similar dynamic at work).

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders