• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Glenn Underground!!!

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
too many fuckin things to do that night!!!!!
so Tempo, then Glenn, then Sonic?? hm...

has anyone ever been to Velcro Studios? it would be perfect after Tempo, cuz it's right there, on Gladstone.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
a while back GU was on dhp's, going on about how homosexuality is wrong, unnatural, that it was against what God intended, using the bible to condemn people who're Gay, etc. His smattering of ignorant comments got him called called out by a lot of ppl (David Mancuso incl'd)...

You can read the drama over HERE (GU posts as Mr Crocker).

Anyway.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

s1k

TRIBE Member
whatever. micheal jackson touches little boys (they say...). he's still one of the greatest artists of all time, i'd die to see him live and his music is still untouchable. the way people live and the art they produce can be related...but it can also be compeletly seperate. its best to take away what they give you and filter out the rest. you boycotting him is not going to change his values. here have a listen for a little glenn luv.

http://www.dhpmixes.com/mixes/GlennUnderground0305.mp3

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
i agree with s1k. you can't always associate artists with their beliefs and values... i think we'd have a hard time going to see a lot of artists if we stuck to our guns that hardcore.

thanks for the glenn luv s1k!!

Mixed Signals

TRIBE Promoter
its going to be a sweet party, I dont think he was doing much other than inciting conversation by quoting the bible. if he believes in the bible then its his business. Not a good thing to do on a message board, but who hasn't written something idiotic on a message board.hmmm?

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
To each their own. If you like the mans art, and want to support him, it's your own choice. Like the post about Michael Jackson (or for that matter some dancehall, or gangsta rap artists) above, if it doesn't bother you that you put money in their pockets considering their views, whatever. Ignorance is alive and well. Sure, the mans art stands alone.

I can say I was down for the Strictly Jazz Unit from the first time they touched down here in '96. But for someone who makes their living off music that was based in gay culture he sure is hypocritical. You also have to wonder whats going on behind the whole "postive up lifting message" he promotes in his music. That's all.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders