• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Girly beer!

ila

TRIBE Member
Hey ila!

Where do you go if you want some McAuslan Apricot on tap? My fave place, actually the only place I know of, has CLOSED. :-/

Muchas gracias!
Bier Market on King has it! The keg was empty last time I went though :/

I used to have a whole list of places but I can't be sure they have it anymore or are even still open. I stopped hunting places that served it after the Beer Store started stocking it.

erika

TRIBE Member
girls and guys with no taste(buds), maybe. die trend, die.
x2 bud lime is disgusting; I had one and will not have another - ever

The rose to which I was referring was Tavel; if you haven't had any, try a bottle, nicely chilled; it might surprise you; it's almost more like a light red.

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
I dont drink beer, however one of my girl friends love Rickards Red and she just tried a Fruli a few weeks ago and loved it.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

ila

TRIBE Member
Muffin!!!

The LCBOs have some blueberry ale in stock for the summer.

Awwww yeah. I'm buying mine asap.

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
ok this is good stuff. All i have to do is keep my fridge stocked with fruity beer. can't wait to have 4am fruit-beer-fueled pillow fights this summer!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

JamesM

TRIBE Member
no one mentioned Hoegaarden? the pint glass is pure gold when people haven't heard of it.

That and of course strongbow :D

JESuX

TRIBE Member
seriously - for all of you who haven't tried the KLB Raspberry wheat: just do it. It is sooo so good. The tartness of the raspberry goes so well with the wheat beer - it's not over powering at all, and you can only taste a hint of the fruity goodness on your palette.

YARM YARM YARM

ALSO: Rumours of an LCBO strike = STOCK UP while you can!

JESuX

TRIBE Member
OH - and I used to swear by strongbow when I went an entire summer trying to be gluten-free. Here are my thoughts:

Strongbow tastes excellent, but is super super acidic. Not only does it make your mouth feel like you've just eaten about 27 bowls of captain crunch, it'll wreak havoc on your gut if you're drinking it all night.

The wonderful/awful part about drinking cider is that I found I got absolutely SMAMMERED after about one or two tallboys of the stuff. I don't know if it's the carbonation factor, the sweetness factor, or something else - but it worked right-quick and made me feel spinny if I drank it too fast. It's a totally different kind of drunk from beer-drunk, too. More like champagne-drunk.

Lastly, you can expect a headache the likes of which you can compare to your brain getting skull-fucked by a chainsaw with dull, rusty blades the next morning. If you drink too much it will make you hate life, for sure.

ila

TRIBE Member
I haaaaaaate cider. It's waaay too acidic. I mean I'll take it over a cooler any day, but that's not saying much because coolers melt the lining of my stomach on contact.

JESuX

TRIBE Member
yeah. it's a bit like making out with a bucket of tearjerkers, but cider totally serves a purpose in a pinch. it's the alternative for those of us who can't drink liquor, but don't want beer!

ila

TRIBE Member
yeah. it's a bit like making out with a bucket of tearjerkers, but cider totally serves a purpose in a pinch. it's the alternative for those of us who can't drink liquor, but don't want beer!
that's what wine is for, dude.

rhyss

TRIBE Member
OH - and I used to swear by strongbow when I went an entire summer trying to be gluten-free. Here are my thoughts:

Strongbow tastes excellent, but is super super acidic. Not only does it make your mouth feel like you've just eaten about 27 bowls of captain crunch, it'll wreak havoc on your gut if you're drinking it all night.

The wonderful/awful part about drinking cider is that I found I got absolutely SMAMMERED after about one or two tallboys of the stuff. I don't know if it's the carbonation factor, the sweetness factor, or something else - but it worked right-quick and made me feel spinny if I drank it too fast. It's a totally different kind of drunk from beer-drunk, too. More like champagne-drunk.

Lastly, you can expect a headache the likes of which you can compare to your brain getting skull-fucked by a chainsaw with dull, rusty blades the next morning. If you drink too much it will make you hate life, for sure.
Jess...try the gayners cider. Chris and I swear by it now. Not as acidic and tastier

orchid

TRIBE Member

picked one up at the lcbo tonight! saving it for another night.
my review: not that great, actually. i prefer KLB raspberry or st. ambroise apricot. happy to hear about the blueberry ale being at the LCBO this summer -- Muffin, we got to try it at your place (when you were out west a couple weeks ago). yum. :)

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member

Really? I find I can't get drunk off Strongbow at all, but I'll still drink it.

Psyrel

TRIBE Member
Mmmm cider.

Strongbow is good in a pinch and many places have it.
Sir Perry is made from pears much smoother taste and less acidic.
I'm quite liking Bulmers, very appley and not a lot of that strong sulphite taste that some other ciders can have (I'm looking at you Magners).
Blackthorn used to be my fave but it's recently been reformulated.
Stay away from Rekorderlig Wild Berry unless you like candy-sweetness.

L'ilMisSunshine

TRIBE Member
wow, I had no idea so many women like sweet/fruity/white beers! Totally not my thing - too sweet and not thirst quenching.

I've just started drinking coors light :eek: Never thought I'd become that person, but I do love a cold beer or two after work most days and I can no longer afford to have that many calories. Coors light is actually a good hot summer day beer - crisp & light - when well chilled.

My faves:
bass
harp
guiness
pilsner urquell

For a cheap option, I'll go with Moosehead.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders