• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Girls: The HBO Series

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
Anyone else totally addicted to this show? Season one was good but finding season 2 even better. Lena Dunham is crazy and brilliant.

Please don't compare this show to Sex and the City...they don't have any similarities beyond a show having 4 girls that takes place in NYC.

Season 1 Trailer:

[YOUTUBE]Q_L52eExAHU[/YOUTUBE]

Season 2 Trailer:

[YOUTUBE]Rk0-irdPGhU[/YOUTUBE]

This is not just a show for women, i think guys could dig this show too.

Warning: If you're new to this show, be prepared to see Lena Dunham naked.....a LOT.

acheron

TRIBE Member
Loving it although Marnie needs to be naked for real, stat. Everyone else is, she stands out with her nevernudeness

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

awwnaw

TRIBE Member
If anyone uses Songza, Check out the Girls playlists by character. Funnily, first song on the Hannah one was Kate Bush Running up that hill and then a bunch of Tegan and Sarah. The Marnie one is great, all Goldfrapp and Santigold.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Loving it although Marnie needs to be naked for real, stat. Everyone else is, she stands out with her nevernudeness
I haven't seen anyone naked except for Hanna. It's like she has to do it EVERY EPISODE.

Good show though. Shoshanna was my favourite, but she's been a bit boring this season. Adam too, just for being a weirdo.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

acheron

TRIBE Member
I haven't seen anyone naked except for Hanna. It's like she has to do it EVERY EPISODE.

Good show though. Shoshanna was my favourite, but she's been a bit boring this season. Adam too, just for being a weirdo.
Blindness! We've had tits out from both Shoshanna and Jessa... And most of the men have been naked, either ass or cock.

dstarr

TRIBE Member
I love this show. My wife and I watch it together.

I am not sure if they are always doing it on purpose or not but I get a real kick out of the way people dress and act. That guy's girlfriend with the headbands, the mustard company... LOL.

This show gets lots of discussion because people think there are statements being made by the nudity, etc but I think it's best when you just sit back and enjoy it for what it is.

Many of the actors are in Lena's indie film Tiny Furniture so check that out if you like the way they do this show.

oeretS

TRIBE Member
It's a great show for sure, they do nail a lot of things and the characters are fantastic.

That said, on a show that everyone calls "realistic", the endless confrontations between the group of friends are a little over the top for me, makes my early 20's feel boring by comparison and I was having a pretty good time!

acheron

TRIBE Member
No!

Shoshanna's tits when?

(please)
Not full on I think it was like a side nipple shot in bed, very quick. I was hallucinating about the full-on aspect. Make no mistake though she's gone way further than Allison Williams. Getting oral and all that.

Unrelated, but funny that all four "Girls" are daughters of famous people.

Allison Williams - Brian Williams (broadcaster)
Zosia Mamet - David Mamet (playwright) and Lindsay Crouse (actress)
Jemima Kirke - Simon Kirke (drummer from Bad Company)

Lena Dunham's mother is a well-known photographer in New York.

Metal Morphosis

TRIBE Member
i've been big upping this show for the past month in the 'shows to watch' thread.
best thing i've seen on tv in a long long long time.
fresh & fantastic.

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
Has everbody who's a fan seen "Tiny Furniture"?

It's Lena's independent film that raised that raised the money and helped pitch Girls to HBO.

It also stars Jemima Kirke and Lena herself.

watch it, its great.

le bricoleur

TRIBE Member
Zosia Mamet - David Mamet (playwright)
No fucking way! I'd love to be a fly on the wall for some of their father-daughter talks.

When I read her name I wondered about her potential relationship to one of my favourite playwrights, checked wiki but didn't see anything. But on second inspection I can see that her family ties are listed in a tiny box on the right hand side. Also, on second inspection, I'm wearing loafers.

Lil'Timmy

TRIBE Promoter
The EP in Season 1 when Shosh smokes crack and attacks Ray in her underwear outside the rave was fucking gold. Straight out of a self defense video

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
Last night's episode was awesome. Such a great contrast of the brutal honesty of the Boys with each other (Adam and Ray) versus the Girls who awkwardly danced around self-preservation and doled out lies each other (Hannah and Marnie). Absolutely brilliant.

Adam is completely fucking awesome...he's one of the best characters on the show!

'You're just babies holding hands with each other.'
'Maybe because we're both weird looking'

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders