• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Girlfriends/Boyfriends on Tribe

zoo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by someone I now feel sorry for
I was stupid enough to date a non-Triber and convince them to join.
Has anyone in their right mind ever done this?

My girlfriend knows I'm on the board, and once inawhile I'll send her a thread topic that she might find especially interesting, but that's as far as it goes.

I think I'd actually post -less- if she joined.

What's the word from all you internet wasteland (l)users?

IgStar

TRIBE Member
my boyfriend has no interest in Tribe. Like you, I'll share something with him if I think he'll be amused.
But I know when he gets that blank stare about something funny that was said...too just shut up.

Nah, Tribe is mine. I don't wanna share with him anyways.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
my ex-girlfriend knew I spent ridiculous amounts of time on Tribe, and when we broke up she started reading months and months of my old posts. Now, as you know, I talk a lot of shit and she took a lot of what I wrote for face value, which made for some interesting post-breakup emails/phone calls.

I definitely prefer to keep Tribe away from my personal life.

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
I've never dated anyone from this board.
Not that I dont want if i had the chance, i just haven't.
I wouldn't like dating someone from the board though.
I think it could effect the relationship in a bad way especially with some of the threads. It's kind of like the 'never ever will i ever' drinking game. You never play that game if you're with your partner, that's just calling for trouble.

That's just my two cents though as I know there are plenty of users who are in relationships and are regular members on this board. :D

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
my ex posted on here once in a blue moon but is an active lurker extraordinaire:D ..she knows what's going on usually and sometimes references it when we talk...tribe knows no bounds:)

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
I like to keep things separate.

As much as I try to avoid conflict, something always comes up anyway, so no need to fuel the fire.

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Tribe is like family. Having a girlfriend/boyfriend who's also a Tribe member is like incest.

That is all.

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~atp~
Tribe is like family. Having a girlfriend/boyfriend who's also a Tribe member is like incest.
]
my friend, tribe is an incestuous cesspool

zoo

TRIBE Member
Changing the topic a little, how many people have significant others that think TRIBE [and message boards in general] are a terrible waste of time?

Mine certainly does :0)

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by janiecakes
mine's on tribe but he's always been. why would you post less if your girlfriend joined? [/QUOTE

yeah, i don't see the issue really
i mean your boyfriend / girlfriend knows you, right? what would they find out if they were here? unless you're keeping secrets. ;)

it would have no affect on my postings
he's not interested, but i wouldn't do any different if he was here

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zoo
Changing the topic a little, how many people have significant others that think TRIBE [and message boards in general] are a terrible waste of time?

Mine certainly does :0)
In my experience, the people that say this, are the biggest lurkers in existence.

I think lurking is so creepy. Especially when they talk about it.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
The only way I get my girl to be interested in the board is if I pull up a photoshop thread on my TV PC. She loved the OCAD thread..

lucky1

TRIBE Member
I don't think it would matter to me if I had a boyfriend and he was on Tribe. Nothing I say here is something I wouldn't say in person. So who cares if he reads it. I think it would be nice in a way to communicate with them in the day.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Sunshyne Jones
mine's on tribe but he's always been. why would you post less if your girlfriend joined? [/QUOTE

Because I never incrimante myself, much of what I post on tribe would in fact get me in shit.

littlenutty

TRIBE Member
well... not on tribe, but i used to post regularly on another message board, where my boyfriend was a regular, after i joined it was lots of fun making fun of people together and we talked about topics when we got home....we'd go to the board gatherings together..... it was kinda pathetic actually.... anyway if you don't have any issues with your b/f or g/f and you're not hiding anything, it can be really amusing to have a tag team on the bored....

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
If i was going out with someone i highly doubt myself talking about Tribe. I don't even talk about my friends about tribe.