• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

girlfriends birthday need help, all ladies get in this thread and help me!

jebac

TRIBE Member
alright ladies and gents i have a few questions for you.

this thursday my gem is turning 24 and i want to treat her to a spa, dinner, and maybe some theater. my budget isnt too high so im loooking to keep things small and intimate (and therefore, remeberable)

as far as the spa is concerend, i know im looking around 3 bills

i want to get her a mani/pedi, massage and a facial. still water is 450-495 which is a tad too much. i want it to be the BEST GODDAMN SPA for this amount of money (300 bills)

for the resturant i want to go to a french place and already have something in mind but if anyone wants to make a suggestion go right ahead

and for the theater, im not quite sure what to do. again nothing too expensive. she is into modern stuff, loves jenette winterson and that type of shit

\ahhh

HELP PLEAZ

-jebac

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
tomorrow is the preview opening for care at the tarragon. care is by diane flacks and richard greenblatt, 2 of the foremost, funniest and well respected theatre artists in the city, there's pretty much a guarantee on this show that it'll be worth your while. http://www.tarragontheatre.com/whatson_season_care.php

what else is on... hmmm, the factory show looks interesting, though i've heard bnothing of it, nor do i know the director, so i can't recommend it: http://www.factorytheatre.ca/vent.htm

the show on at passe muraille looks boring, tho the one that opens in may looks great.

buddies is ruinning a show about jean genet that defintiely looks interesting, but has the potential if not done well to be terrible http://www.buddiesinbadtimestheatre.com/events/show.cfm?i_key=125

i'd say go with care.

also: spa is the perfect gift from anyone to any woman. really.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
You know what the best give you can get her would be? Some original thought and some time spent researching this shit on your own.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

mcbee

TRIBE Member
jebac said:
total is 450-550
wowzas!

i'm married and my husband has never spent that much on me! birthday, christmas or anniversary!!

As for spas, the Hammam Spa on King West is supposed to be great.

:)sarah

Kung Po Beef

TRIBE Member
Geezus! You realize you'll have to top this every year.

We should link this up with the Sweet Sixteen Birthday thread.

You must be looooaded dude.

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
Kung Po Beef said:
Geezus!

You must be looooaded dude.
yea, how much do you earn a year?

Kung Po Beef said:
Geezus! You realize you'll have to top this every year.
He could dump her and start fresh... but then he should definitely NOT be putting 5 bills into her.

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
if I had 5 bills to spend on the gf, I would put it all into one big sha zamm! present and cook at home. The day after her birthday she'll have nothing tangible with the dinner out/spa/theatre deal.

madnezz

TRIBE Member
I would suggest cutting out the spa crap and just taking her out to diner to a really nice place.

btw, which french place do you already have in mind?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
while i do think that's a big price tag for a one year, i still think theatre and spa is a great way to go. speaking from my own personal standpoint, a big expensive material object is off-putting, as it was to be cared for, you have to avoid breaking it or losing it and then if you break up it's just another thing you have to remind you. a nice dinner and theatre is time spent well, spent together and spent in enjoyment. spa is the same, except maybe not together.

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
Bumbaclat said:
if I had 5 bills to spend on the gf, I would put it all into one big sha zamm! present and cook at home. The day after her birthday she'll have nothing tangible with the dinner out/spa/theatre deal.
funny adam, i think the dinnner/theatre/spa thing is a better option for exactly the same reason! i think intangibility is better!

course i'd also say 5 bills is really pricey and while i loved the spa experience thom just treated me too in van it better have cost waaaaay less than 3. for a first date wouldn't just dinner and theatre be present enough? or just dinner and spa? (fucking spa man, i could go without the mani/pedi but the massage is something i could get real used to!)