• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Girl stuff forum

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

peko

TRIBE Member
poot,

I rationalized buying pink ballerina flats against not seeing a dj on a friday night. good job on the gold stillettos.

:)

other news,

i need teeshirts, long body teeshirts. any good deals out there?

Skipper

TRIBE Member
undercover_girl said:
Jie was quoted in this month's Flare as charging $350. :eek:

That's absolutely outrageous...I would puke in my mouth spending that amount of money on something that would be need to be redone in 6 weeks.

Last month someone posted about calcium supplements helping PMS - how much intake per day is supposed to help PMS symptoms? Mine has reared its ugly head TEN DAYS in advance. I could hardly put on pants this morning.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

lucky1

TRIBE Member
tha was me.. it was Calcium / Magnesium (+vitamin D)... (they are in one pill)

500mg (1 pill) once a day... and the week b4 your period 2 pills a day. Though I dont' track mine well and only take 1 pill a day and really lessons cramping

grumblegirl

TRIBE Member
argh!!
i gained 10 lbs over the last 8 months (5 from xmas alone!!), and i just can't seem to lose it!

i've been working out as much as i have time for - about 3-4 times a week - and i am relatively careful with what i eat... but i guess not careful enough.

dammit.
i hate being over 30. stupid metabolism-slowing. it's taking so much more effort and sacrifice to lose anything this time.

Poot

TRIBE Member
grumblegirl said:
argh!!
i gained 10 lbs over the last 8 months (5 from xmas alone!!), and i just can't seem to lose it!

Me, too.

I also weigh a solid 10 lbs more than I did when I ordered my wedding gown. I think I have some work to do. :(

littlenutty

TRIBE Member
i have to retract my previous statement about Purple hearts.

Nico actually gave me a really great cut. I had been growing my hair for a long time and i didnt want to have to lose any length but i had to because the ends were looking ratty. so i was just sad that i lost so length but now i see that he cleaned it up and gave some great bangs and shape around the face and really i didnt lose as much as i thought. so i would totally recomend him just not as a stylist...lol

littlenutty

TRIBE Member
RANT!

DAMN YOU Diane 35.

I gained like 5 lbs in 2 weeks just from switching pills. i swear to god - i worked so hard to get down to where i was. Over the 6 months i think i lost about 12 lbs and that was watching my food and excersise - and now without indulging any more than usual the weight just goes up.

but its like i cant win. i was on Alesse for years problem free - then all of a sudden my face breaks out like no ones business! i never had skin issues like this before so i went to see a dermatoligist ASAP and and i got my face injected with some stuff which cleared my face up and then i have a topical antibiotic i use each night and lastly they swictched me from Alesse to Diane 35.

Now my skin in completley clear, my skin issues were resolved SO quickly but now i'm gaining weight from the pill...

so its like i can either have good skin and gain weight or troubled skin and keep the weight off.

i'm so annoyed because i dont know where the skin issues came from... if that wasnt a factor i would have been on alesse for the rest of my life.

:(

miss riot

TRIBE Promoter
littlenutty said:
RANT!

DAMN YOU Diane 35.

I gained like 5 lbs in 2 weeks just from switching pills. i swear to god - i worked so hard to get down to where i was. Over the 6 months i think i lost about 12 lbs and that was watching my food and excersise - and now without indulging any more than usual the weight just goes up.

but its like i cant win. i was on Alesse for years problem free - then all of a sudden my face breaks out like no ones business! i never had skin issues like this before so i went to see a dermatoligist ASAP and and i got my face injected with some stuff which cleared my face up and then i have a topical antibiotic i use each night and lastly they swictched me from Alesse to Diane 35.

Now my skin in completley clear, my skin issues were resolved SO quickly but now i'm gaining weight from the pill...

so its like i can either have good skin and gain weight or troubled skin and keep the weight off.

i'm so annoyed because i dont know where the skin issues came from... if that wasnt a factor i would have been on alesse for the rest of my life.

One of the few least worrisome side effects of fucking around with hormones. :( Skin issues/breakouts come from hormonal imbalances, hence why we get them at puberty sometimes. The pill mixes those hormones around especially if you are going from one pill to another.

Also, how long does a manicure+pedicure last? in terms of staying power and also the appointment?

kate

TRIBE Member
Allot 45 mins to 1 hour for a pedi and 1/2 an hour to 45 for mani. My manicures last usually 1 week and my pedicures 1 month-5 weeks.

Anyone have any experience with bio gels? I get manicures once a week already and I'm feeling like these might lessen the frequency that I have to get them and reduce the amount my nails break. Any advice would be great.

Thanks,
Kate

nikki.classics

TRIBE Member
peko said:
i need teeshirts, long body teeshirts. any good deals out there?
try smart set, i got a bunch there at 2 for $20 or something like that and i love them. they're not the super super long kind, but they have them in tons of colours.

miss riot

TRIBE Promoter
kate said:
Allot 45 mins to 1 hour for a pedi and 1/2 an hour to 45 for mani. My manicures last usually 1 week and my pedicures 1 month-5 weeks.

Anyone have any experience with bio gels? I get manicures once a week already and I'm feeling like these might lessen the frequency that I have to get them and reduce the amount my nails break. Any advice would be great.

Thanks,
Kate

thanks! do you go to that over the rainbow place in yorkville? i think someone mentioned that it's a really good one for the price.

kate

TRIBE Member
miss riot said:
thanks! do you go to that over the rainbow place in yorkville? i think someone mentioned that it's a really good one for the price.

Since I live at Queen and Dovercourt I go to Roses Nails which just opened. Its like 3 doors from my house so you can't really go wrong with that. They're really good, all new stuff, and cheap!

miss riot

TRIBE Promoter
Kate, thanks! I work so close to there so maybe I'll swing by after work. I don't know what this girls stuff forum would do without you. hehe.

On the American Apparel tip, I read this last night. Kinda weird... I had no idea they had an open sex policy, although I'd usually be down for something like that, this whole thing gives me a bad oppressive vibe. I mean, a CEO being allowed/encouraged to fuck his employees? No, power dynamics there!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1683009,00.html

more here: http://del.icio.us/internautte/americanapparel

kate

TRIBE Member
Jes have you ever considered selling your stuff on ebay?

I do that a few times a year-go thorugh the archives and sell off all the stuff I haven't worn in awhile.

I've probably made upwards of 3g's doing it-which is pretty awesome.

Most of it is stuff I've worn once or barely worn from when I worked at M1 and Due West while I was in school, and Gsus when I graduated. The only plus to working in fashion is tons of clothes for not much money-but the good part is if they are recognizable names you can sell them again on ebay!

cabbagetowngirl

TRIBE Member
kate said:
Jes have you ever considered selling your stuff on ebay?

I do that a few times a year-go thorugh the archives and sell off all the stuff I haven't worn in awhile.

I've probably made upwards of 3g's doing it-which is pretty awesome.

Most of it is stuff I've worn once or barely worn from when I worked at M1 and Due West while I was in school, and Gsus when I graduated. The only plus to working in fashion is tons of clothes for not much money-but the good part is if they are recognizable names you can sell them again on ebay!

Well Kate, just make sure you post here once you are ready to have another sale!!

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
junglegirl said:
ladies...question for you:

I cant remember the last time i purchased a pair of shoes from Aldo.
I bought a pair online size 8...i tried size 7 too small, size 9 too big...
do their shoes stretch?

ugh i love them...also if i wear them around the office can I return?

hmmm. i dunno, I think it would be best to ask someone who works at Aldo.

Well. I wouldn't really recommend to walk around with them in the office, just in case even the slightest scuff gets on your shoes. It would be much more difficult to return it back.

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
littlenutty said:
RANT!

DAMN YOU Diane 35.

That's so wierd.... about a month or so ago, my face broke out literally overnight (started while I was working at night, and only got worse with each passing hour). I've NEVER had a breakout like that before, it was all over my face (esp cheeks) and was extremely noticeable. I've been on the same pill for the last 5 or 6 years and have always had normal skin.

It wasn't a rash though, defintely just a bunch of pimples... and I was freaking out! Thought it was maybe an allergic reaction, or any number of things my mind could come up with. So I just washed my face 2 - 3 times a day, exfoliated and put on a mask every 2 days, used tea tree oil... etc etc
Lasted about a week and a half, then it just totally cleared up and hasn't been back since.

:confused:

rubytuesday

TRIBE Member
So shoppers had that (apparently crappy) l'oreal wash-out colour mousse on sale last week so I got "expresso." I've been too busy to try it yet but I'm hoping it makes my dark brown hair a bit more intense as the ends are a little sun bleached. I was too chicken to try the black one.