• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Girl stuff forum

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

sugar

TRIBE Member
Persephone said:
^ funny you mention that, I just read about it in a magazine this morning. How long is the glaze/gloss supposed to last?

On another note, I took a large leap of faith today girls. Well, at least its a leap of faith for me. You see, I've used Avon products to care for my skin all my life. I've never really had major problems, my skin has always been pretty good; no major breakouts that can't be reigned in, no super flaky dry areas, etc. But lately I've been reading Paula Begoun's website, the Cosmetics Cop, and I'm really digging what she has to say. All of her recommendations are backed up by research that has been published in peer reviewed (references always noted), scientific articles, as well as by the opinions and experiences of a team of chemists and dermatologists. She also sells he own line of skin care, which seems to be the most intelligently designed line of products out there.

So anyways, I've decided to step up my skin care routine. I just splurged on a whole regimen of her products - eek! Well, it wasn't really that expensive actually (and shipping on any order is only $3 for this month). Wish me luck! I'll give you guys some feedback on how it turns out. Does anyone else use her products? What have your experiences been so far? Is there a place you can buy them in Canada?

I bought one of her products awhile back (I think it was just a salicylic acid lotion) and was happy with it. I bought her book years ago, and still refer to it occasionally when I want to look up a product. She rules!

emiwee

TRIBE Member
Persephone said:
^ funny you mention that, I just read about it in a magazine this morning. How long is the glaze/gloss supposed to last?

On another note, I took a large leap of faith today girls. Well, at least its a leap of faith for me. You see, I've used Avon products to care for my skin all my life. I've never really had major problems, my skin has always been pretty good; no major breakouts that can't be reigned in, no super flaky dry areas, etc. But lately I've been reading Paula Begoun's website, the Cosmetics Cop, and I'm really digging what she has to say. All of her recommendations are backed up by research that has been published in peer reviewed (references always noted), scientific articles, as well as by the opinions and experiences of a team of chemists and dermatologists. She also sells he own line of skin care, which seems to be the most intelligently designed line of products out there.

So anyways, I've decided to step up my skin care routine. I just splurged on a whole regimen of her products - eek! Well, it wasn't really that expensive actually (and shipping on any order is only $3 for this month). Wish me luck! I'll give you guys some feedback on how it turns out. Does anyone else use her products? What have your experiences been so far? Is there a place you can buy them in Canada?

my old roomie swears by Paula's Choice products. and she has beautiful skin.

she always had to mail-order them in, so I don't know of a place that they can be purchased in Canada.

miss riot

TRIBE Promoter
Keep us posted on her products.

I lost the shoes at last minute because I am just soooo stupid. :( Gah! I hope they have them again. It's on eBay.

The Candida wholeapproach is http://www.wholeapproach.com/diet/

As far as soulster comments:
I meant my dumbass comment to the people that believe the "professionals that go around trying to debunk the candida diet"
It's not about living in denial of good things. I can see how this can be misconstrued as such but you have to realize that most people don't do the full diet unless they have severe health issues relating to candida. For many, not being able to have sex because of irritations of yeast overgrowth is more severe than having a sugar wheat filled dessert. Struggling with brain fog, depression, mood swings, stomach upset (whats the point of food if it makes you ill afterwards?), lethargicness to name a few are things that don't make for a good life. Now if you can prevent that then you are really living. Heck, make some vegan flourless chocolate cake instead! It's also all about proportions - like how much sugars you are ingesting compared to how much protein, fibre, etc. That balance is important.

Like I mentioned I've never done the full strict diet but I phase in and out of it. I will never give up fruit but I will give up shitty foods that make me feel sick anyway.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

smokeyeyes

TRIBE Member
shoes are one of those things that i personally can't order from a catalogue or online, unless i've already tried them on in a store. i have to try them on and feel the fit. yes i know you can return it but i don't find it worth the hassle (that's just me, though. if you can do it then that's great)

same goes for bras, and pants.

sugar

TRIBE Member
I completely agree: all three categories must be tried on first (because with those three items, fit is crucial!).

Also, Isa: I *love* my elephant with his magnetised feet and bum!

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
I remember reading about this hair product in a magazine a few months ago, so I've been checking the stores for something similar ever since, but I can't find it! I don't even remember the brand.

It's this spray that you spray on your hair to 'refresh' it. Say, you sleep over at someone's house and can't take a shower the next day, you can spray this in your hair so it doesn't smell like un-showered hair. Something like that... has anyone seen/heard of this?

JESuX

TRIBE Member
Michlerish said:
I remember reading about this hair product in a magazine a few months ago, so I've been checking the stores for something similar ever since, but I can't find it! I don't even remember the brand.

It's this spray that you spray on your hair to 'refresh' it. Say, you sleep over at someone's house and can't take a shower the next day, you can spray this in your hair so it doesn't smell like un-showered hair. Something like that... has anyone seen/heard of this?

i think it's john frieda that has this too, you can buy it at shopper's.

:)

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Ugh... there is so much cons that I have about this... yes, my opinion is biased, as I am against anything of such sort, but I have seen enough women at my clinic and just through my research complaining about this...

It tends to make a woman's periods less regular, and spotting between periods is fairly likely. Some women stop having periods completely and I have seen that at my clinic. Weight gain is very common with this drug... moody, emotional as fuck...

Persephone

TRIBE Member
JESuX said:
hey tribe ladies...

is anyone taking depo-provera?

likes? dislikes?

Disliked it for the most part. There was a huge discussion about Depo in this thread and other threads wholly dedicated to birth control. Lots of discussion and a bit of controversy.

If you're looking for a BC that you don't have to remember, I would suggest NuvaRing. I'm using it now and I absolutely love it.

dyad

TRIBE Member
JESuX said:
hey tribe ladies...

is anyone taking depo-provera?

likes? dislikes?

I had a terrible case with the one shot i took. it was recommended to me because i get migranes and contrary to the most common side effects, i bled every day for 6 months... like needing a tampon bleeding every day!

its more common to stop bleeding altogether though, and I have a friend who loves depo for that reason among many others.

j bunny 2000

TRIBE Member
A friend of mine went on Depo and gained like 40 pounds. She was active and ate healthy and could not get the weight off while on it. It took her a couple of months after she went off it to loose the extra weight b/c it takes time for it to completely leave your system. It also makes you extemely moody and irritable. It sounds like the effects of the birth control pill but way worse with the only added bonus being that your period stops.

JESuX

TRIBE Member
Persephone said:
Disliked it for the most part. There was a huge discussion about Depo in this thread and other threads wholly dedicated to birth control. Lots of discussion and a bit of controversy.

If you're looking for a BC that you don't have to remember, I would suggest NuvaRing. I'm using it now and I absolutely love it.

yeah, that's what i'm using right now, too. the nuvaring, and all other forms of hormonal bc pills have given me endless amounts of headaches. (anything hormonal causes me to bleed. constantly.)

:|

i figured that the whole NOT having your period on depo would be a bonus... but i'm not willing to trade that off for weight gain and moodiness... (i'd heard stories about those two things as well.... figured i'd consult the almighty tribe!)

so now, the discussion being this: what the fuck do you use if you can't use hormonal birth control?

deevah

TRIBE Member
^ depo - i loved it but the not having a period was a threat to having early onset of osteoporosis...i lost weight on it too

if you can't use hormonal BC, use the copper IUD - there is a very likely chance of increased bleeding and painful cramps...i haven't really experienced either