• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

gimme the goods on this city

feisty boy

TRIBE Member
is there a good online listing of clubs and whatnot? or reliable promoters whose sights i can monitor? anything along the d&b / breaks / chill vibe is up my alley.
that is all

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

SuperKennyK

TRIBE Member
The best way to find clubs here is through word of mouth and personal preference. I had to go to a buch of shitty clubs before I found one that I liked. I like Ginger, had a good time there. It's at Granville and Davie.

ethnik

TRIBE Member
Lotus, Richards on richards (from time to time), the Commodore (for big blow out bashes or big dj's from time to time) are some of the sports to check.

Ginger has been bringing in some quality dj's as well (saturday night's are the night).

Bar None and a few smaller joints have some small decent nights happening from time to time and one-offs with guest dj's (fred everything was in town not all that long ago).

keep your ear to the ground, check out the downtown record shops for flyers and info, and there is also a good website that escapes me right now, but has loads of info on it. i'll post it when i remember what it is!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MadWej

TRIBE Member
www.fnk.ca has some listings on it.

Depending on the types of events you are looking for, two of the better promotion companies I have seen are Blue and Cargo.

Tokyo Lounge has been bringing in some good deep house talent as of late as well.

a.ron

atbell

TRIBE Member
Where is the Tokyo Lounge?

I've been out to the lamp lighter, Honey, and jupiter lounge but not much else. Most of the people I know here wouldn't be so into Lotus/ginger so I don't end up going.

playhouse

TRIBE Member
atbell said:
Where is the Tokyo Lounge?

I've been out to the lamp lighter, Honey, and jupiter lounge but not much else. Most of the people I know here wouldn't be so into Lotus/ginger so I don't end up going.

it's on alberni just west of burrard... you should check it out sometime, but i'd save the experience for a special event.