• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Gifts for bosses and support staff

starr

TRIBE Member
Just curious if people generally get these for their various co-workers, specifically people you report to and people that support you.

I never have but have been thinking about doing it this year. Nothing expensive, just maybe magazines or candles, stuff I know they like but don't usually buy for themselves.

Thoughts? Do you make this normal practice? Is it common courtesy to do so?

My boss can inconsistently given me holiday stuff during the years, so it's not necessarily expected on either end in my workplace.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
if its co workers i'll do up a bottle of whisky. if bosses i'll do some wine. not expensive or anything.

The Kid

TRIBE Member
We're doing a secret santa... if not for that i wouldn't get my bosses anything... they're assholes and they've been ripping me off for over a year so my gift to them will be giving notice come January.

Merry Christmas, dicks!

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
we're doing a chipin for my boss - but i think its retarded as he makes more than any of us.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Ms. Fit

TRIBE Member
i'm either going to pm sk8 and buy some of her homemade jam and i'll give one or two jars to coworkers and bosses in a nice bag

or

i'll make michlerish's cocoa mix recipe and put it in nice jars in nice gift bags.

i've banned myself from gifting bath stuff, coffee mugs and picture frames.

dtox

TRIBE Member
this here photo is about as deserving as it gets gift wise when refering to my employers:

The Kid

TRIBE Member
Rajio said:
we're doing a chipin for my boss - but i think its retarded as he makes more than any of us.
you know, it doesn't bother me if a boss makes more than me - that's why they're the boss.

but when they are lying, scamming ripoff artists, well...

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
The Kid said:
you know, it doesn't bother me if a boss makes more than me - that's why they're the boss.

but when they are lying, scamming ripoff artists, well...
it doesnt bother me either but dont see why i'd get him a gift. hes not my buddy. im only going along with the chipin 'cause im new here and its a small office. i'm not even christian. frickin' peer pressure.

(note: its only $20 each ... but still, its the idea of it that im uncomfortable with)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

octo

TRIBE Member
dtox said:
this here photo is about as deserving as it gets gift wise when refering to my employers:

i'm gonna get these for my car!! LOL!!

for christmas i hope my boss stops piling on work so i can go out on friday nights instead of staying home

Last edited:

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
fuck you, just because i work for you doesnt mean i own you anything ya fucking douchebag

if they expect something, get one of your stupid ass dog/cat as kids to take a dump on their car

peko

TRIBE Member
Rajio said:
it doesnt bother me either but dont see why i'd get him a gift. hes not my buddy. im only going along with the chipin 'cause im new here and its a small office. i'm not even christian. frickin' peer pressure.

(note: its only $20 each ... but still, its the idea of it that im uncomfortable with)
that's alot.

I don't do secret santas and don't buy stuff for co-workers or bosses. BUT, I've been in the 'small company peer pressure gift situation before' ---> and it's pretty implicit that it's a mandatory volunteer participation situation.

peko

TRIBE Member
lol, my manager and I love esprit - so sharing the gift of 'psst, esprit sale dollars season is on' or 'omg - guess has a secret warehouse sale at xvy, did you check it out?' ---> same goes with my immediate co-workers - we shop for ourselves, then share and tell.... so it's the gift of giving helpful super SAVING shopping tips, which is priceless, imo.

peko

TRIBE Member
lol, I'm not a festive person ---> besides it's POST CHRISTMAS when all the knee high socks go on sale.

depraved

TRIBE Member
weed for my coworkers, a bottle of wine for my boss (altho' I'm pretty sure he'd be just as happy w/ weed)

guysmiley

TRIBE Member
I usually get a small box of chocolate from Godiva's (nice box and they'll wrap a bow around it)for my team and they usually chip in and buy me a bottle of whiskey. I've also treated them to a Christmas lunch when our company decided to be too cheap to let us expense a party.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
i've never bought gifts for my boss or coworkers at xmas time.
i bring in cookies and food, and participate in secret santa or festive potlucks, but no individual gifts for people.

then again, i like to milk the jew card as much as possible around this time of year! no gifts for anyone!