• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Giant Cat Breed

Lainey

TRIBE Member
Does anyone know the name of those cats that are like housecats except are as big as a dog. They're not a new breed but have recently become popluar.

Anyone know?

Rataxès

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Lainey
Does anyone know the name of those cats that are like housecats except are as big as a dog. They're not a new breed but have recently become popluar.

Anyone know?
Survey says....

Maine Coon Cat.

Lainey

TRIBE Member
No, no, no...

it's a domestic cat JUST like a housecat except really BIG. Like as big as a beagal.

I'm serious. It really exists. I'm getting one. :)

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
- Siberian (avg 20lbs)
- Turkish Van (avg 20lbs)
- Norwegian Forest Cat (avg 18lbs)
- Maine Coon (avg 18lbs)
- Ragdoll (avg 18lbs)
- Snowshoe (avg 15lbs)

Persephone

TRIBE Member
my boyfriend's mother has a main coon and the thing is fat, lazy and has a terrible temperment. Everytime I try to pet him he tries to either bite or scratch me.

I don't know if he's representative of the breed, but I hate that cat. I would never, ever get a main coon.

Oh yeah, they shed. BIG TIME!

cabbagetowngirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Lainey
No, no, no...

it's a domestic cat JUST like a housecat except really BIG. Like as big as a beagal.

I'm serious. It really exists. I'm getting one. :)
it is actually called a bengal or a snow leopard. I had one, and they are vicious.... do not bother, it will tear up all of your furniture, piss where it wants, and scare the hell out of any other animal that you have. beware...