• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Ghetto gold needed...

Visual1

TRIBE Member
me and my friends are going to a ol' skool hip hop themed party, and we want to find costume or fake gold rope chains like run dmc, and big daddy kane rocked. anyone know a ghetto jewellery stand or store that sells fake rope chains?

billy

TRIBE Member
how you gonna keep it real? go to a hardware store and get some REAL chain. hell, you should have gone to the PE show last night and just rip off their dressing room. anything with the raiders logo on it will get you points.

i would hit a pawn shop and try to get your hands on some pagers. 3 should do it.

Fussypants

TRIBE Member
Take a trip to Detroit....any given strip mall located on Woodward ave. would be one stop shopping...
Pawn shop, pagers, cell phones, chains, jogging suites, Ribs, Wigs and Nails...and of course bootleg music.

Visual1

TRIBE Member
update. found some gold, and a vaurnet france track suit with matching fanny pack. gold bless neon pink, yellow and green.

AshG

when i was looking for something similar i found the best effect to be had by buying the thickest chain you can find at a hardware store, and fashioning your own necklace out of it, after spray painting it gold of course.

billy

TRIBE Member
AshG said:
when i was looking for something similar i found the best effect to be had by buying the thickest chain you can find at a hardware store
like i said earlier, you gotta keep it REAL. plastic chains are for sucka mc's.

Brandon

TRIBE Member
Be sure to rip the hood ornaments off a few Benz's as well and hang those on a chain, unless they clash with the oversized clock.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Dood, even ghetto is expensive.

Steevee Dee uses supermarket kids prize machines.

I would suggest the dollar store?

OR chinatown centre.