• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

getting sucker punched at a hippy party

why not

TRIBE Member
so earlier on tonight, i was at a certain loft party, and some random girl sits down next to me and asks that i pretend i know her.
i assume some weirdo is hitting on her, so i put my arm around her and whisper nothing into her ear.
suddenly some guy grabs her, hits her, and then punches me in the face and walks off.
i find one of the owners, and tell them what happened, and we search the place for the guy, who has disappeared.
i'm standing outside, talking with one of the organisers, and i see the guy walk back (i think).
they stop him at the door, and i ask him "did you just punch me in the face?" and he says yes and starts apologising thinking that i'm one of the owners/tenants/organisers.
when i tell him that i'm not, and that i've never met his girlfriend/stalkie before, he starts getting agitated and i walk away and get in a cab before he starts swinging again.

the weird thing is, this is the second almost-fight that i've been in at a party, and the last one was at harvest festival with a fucked up homophobic homo.

what is it with hippy parties that somehow attracts the crazies?

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
lol @ homophobic homo

sorry to hear you got punched by a crazy guy. re: the odd setting, its weird, the closest i've ever been to getting into a physical fight was at an RnB party at Sunnyside. takes all kinds!

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

djglobalkiller

TRIBE Promoter
i would have dropped him just for hitting the girl, nnedless to say, hitting me gets an automatic reaction too!!

but to hit a girl.......at a hippy party........ what was he on!!!!!

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
pretty harsh...I would have pounded the guy so hard he would be nothing but hippie dust...like globalkiller said, shit like that gets a reaction!

AgentSanchez

TRIBE Promoter
Sucker punched at a hippie party?

That's like getting drunk at an AA meeting - all hippies are good at is smoking weed and smelling bad.

EDIT: I agree with terrawrist - I'm generally not violent, but some things get a guaranteed response

Last edited:

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
maybe hippy is the like hippie2K...a new breed of hippy(s)

I honestly don't think I could live with myself knowing that a dude belted me(and the poor girl) in public without retatiation

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
terrawrist III said:
maybe hippy is the like hippie2K...a new breed of hippy(s)

I honestly don't think I could live with myself knowing that a dude belted me(and the poor girl) in public without retatiation
oooh...you sound so tough!

MoFo

TRIBE Member
AgentSanchez said:
And also too weak to properly beat a woman.
Which is ironic because he should've been too stoned to even swing his arms out for a punch.

Ben, maybe he thought you were someone else because his view was obstructed by his dreads.

Joe Seven

TRIBE Member
Highly Innovative Person Persuing Interesting Endeavors

this is the only letter-for-letter explanation I've heard for the term "hippie"...
is it even supposed to be an acronym?

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
Joe Seven said:

this is the only letter-for-letter explanation I've heard for the term "hippie"...

pffft

sandalwood incense and not shaving body hair does not equall innovation.

why not

TRIBE Member
Joe Seven said:

hippy was actually a derogatory term coined by the beatniks to describe kids who were almost hip, but not quite.
basically used to mean poser, but was reappropriated.

mr punchy didn't look like a hippy though.
i'm not sure what happened to the girl, both seemed to disappear right after, and only saw the guy returning.