• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

getting rid of "stuff"

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
So I'm moving and getting rid of a bunch of things I don't need. But I don't know what to do with the following...

1) Magazines...I have a ton! Fashion, women's, music, technology etc. Hospitals seem to be out of the question now...maybe libraries? Schools? Art students?

2) Cassettes, both store-bought albums and unused blank ones. I'm tempted to just throw them out, as I don't think people really listen to tapes anymore. I just use some blanks to tape record interviews so I might hang onto a few...but what to do with the rest? Donate to a garage sale? Goodwill? I don't even know if it's worth it.

I may post a thread on the buy/sell/rent forum for other stuff (posters, videos, etc.), but I have to get organized first.

Any insights into getting rid of this kind of clutter are much appreciated. :)

~jen

klaarwater

TRIBE Member
...put em out on the curb with a "free" sign... they will disappear in a day or two. ANything else, recycle it or Goodwill it. I got rid of lots of stuff with the ol' curbside free sign - it seems to work well... just watch the forecast! Magazines just don't get along with rain!

Throwing stuff out is so 2001 ;)

luvslife

TRIBE Member
You could try Women's shelters or Daycares for the mags. Kids could use them for arts and crafts? Women might like to look at them.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders