• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Getting older and (not) making friends

shylock_one

TRIBE Member
I find as I'm getting older I find it more and more difficult to make friends. I'm not talking about aquaintances, but actual friends you can call up randomly without any preconceived intentions and have a few laughs with.

The problem isn't so much as it is meeting new people, its more that a lot of cool people I meet seem to have their own social obligations and just can't spare the time to "just hang out" anymore. A lot of my own friends have developed great friendships with their own significant others and no longer feel the need to explore new friendships with people. Sometimes it feels as though I'm running out of time as I think, "should I be at that stage of my life?" when I'm nowhere even near having a serious relationship.

Thinking about it makes me miss being a kid sometimes when the only requirement for being a friend was that they live five minutes away and had some cool toys to play with.

Thoughts?

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

Boo

TRIBE Member
TaCk OnE? said:
I'm getting way more anti-social as I age.
As am I. I haven't made a 'new' friend in 4 years and barely call the ones I do have.

And by friends I mean the real buds. I just don't feel the need to socialize when I have my sig other, and even then all our priorities are different.

That being said, when I do actually get everyone together I always end up having a blast, but I haven't been to a club in 8 months, and could care less.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
artemis said:
no me! still time to hang... but i do have to plan ahead a bit more

I usually need 2 days notice to make plans happen, I also have a daytimmer now:eek:

Boo

TRIBE Member
I still have cool toys to play with, but just play with them myself, and rearely feel the need to have a friend come over to see it.

Shug

TRIBE Member
Time to grow up, get a wife (or husband), buy a house, and squeeze out a couple pups.

Once those spawn get to be about 6-7, then you'll have your hang-out friends.

Otherwise, you're just shirking your responsibility as an adult.

(ps ;))

quantumize

TRIBE Member
its true, it is hard to meet friends, i'm glad i have a small core group of friends that make it a point to hang out at least once a month just to unwind.

but its getting sad that some times we go a few weeks without even seeing each other. everyone is just so busy.

VinylRach

TRIBE Promoter
I'll be your friend. You should just go out and talk to random people. i do it all the time its great. I have a girlfriend who just moved here from COllingwood, and she didn't know a SOUL. she goes out on her own and meets new people, i swear in 2 months this girl has more friends then i have. You just have to put yourself out there. (Although sometimes that backfires for me. just because i'm speaking to you DOESN'T mean i'm trying to pick you up)

JLV

TRIBE Member
I totally agree. I have a group of friends I've been hangin with since I moved to TO (2 years ago) and past that... it's really hard to meet anyone new (especially in this city), unless it's a guy hitting on me.

it seems as though at our age, people and friends have already established their groups and have a very narrow minded perspective as to allowing new people into their social circle.

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
i hate that people that think as soon as they get a b/f or g/f they can just ignore thier friendships... i think it is really shitty, and yua know what when you break up the ones you count on most on your friends for support.

Whenever i am in a relastionship i make sure i have an even balance and never stop calling/hanging out with friends and usually still put my friends first.

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
Boo said:
That being said, when I do actually get everyone together I always end up having a blast, but I haven't been to a club in 8 months, and could care less.

yah, same here.

when I do link up with people, it's always good...but partially because I'm not wearing it thin every week like I used to...

I have a girlfriend, we hang out a lot....but, doing stuff, meh, who cares anymore...

lol.

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
shylock_one said:
I find as I'm getting older I find it more and more difficult to make friends. I'm not talking about aquaintances, but actual friends you can call up randomly without any preconceived intentions and have a few laughs with.
I totally agree and in the same situation.

Liquidity

TRIBE Member
yeah, it's tough when you're older. nobody has time to just hang out just for the sake of hanging out.

maybe the key to make younger friends...

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
TaCk OnE? said:
yah, same here.

when I do link up with people, it's always good...but partially because I'm not wearing it thin every week like I used to...

I have a girlfriend, we hang out a lot....but, doing stuff, meh, who cares anymore...

lol.
serious? god what are you guys 40, living in the burbs ?

Boo

TRIBE Member
VinylRach said:
I'll be your friend. You should just go out and talk to random people. i do it all the time its great. I have a girlfriend who just moved here from COllingwood, and she didn't know a SOUL. she goes out on her own and meets new people, i swear in 2 months this girl has more friends then i have. You just have to put yourself out there. (Although sometimes that backfires for me. just because i'm speaking to you DOESN'T mean i'm trying to pick you up)
thats cause your a broad. And if your a hot one (please post pics) you can talk to anyone and they'll want to hang out with you.

If your a guy - all girls will instantly think you are hitting on them, and all guys will think your a werido and probably punch you.

oh toro

TRIBE Member
is the e no longer working? slam a dozen pills and head down to the comfort zone. you'll have lots of friends. better yet, be a dealer.

VinylRach

TRIBE Promoter
shut the fuck up there's a tribe bbq. thats funny.
and as for talking to randoms some chicks in normal bars that close at 2 am think you're nuts. like if i ask you if you're having a good time i'm not trying to screw you. or your boyfriend.