• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Geek Thread:

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
I need some info on this IP please:

Its showing up between my router and rogers servers and I dont like it one bit.

P.S. Anyone on rogers, do a quick tracert out and check if you also connect to it. Im curious.

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

~atp~

TRIBE Member
How are you picking up that IP? Is it hitting your ports? Or are you listening in promiscuous mode?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~atp~
How are you picking up that IP? Is it hitting your ports? Or are you listening in promiscuous mode?

Rogers uses a lot of RFC 1918 addresses for the "cloud". They're never advertised outside the AS though. It's probably the CMTS.

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Balzz
Rogers uses a lot of RFC 1918 addresses for the "cloud". They're never advertised outside the AS though. It's probably the CMTS.

CMTS?

EDIT: nevermind. I gotcha.

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~atp~
CMTS?

Cable Modem Termination Something (I forget what the S stands for). The way the Rogers network is designed, the first hop is usually a 10.0.0.0/8 address.

EDIT: :cool:

zoo

TRIBE Member
guys this bastard at 127.0.0.1 has somehow dynamically linked his ip to forward to mine

can someone help me haxor that address

PM me the root pass when you find it

Aero

TRIBE Member
Private IP addresses are non routable so you shouldn't/won't see packets coming from the Internet with private IP's.

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Seriously though, I've been getting probed to shit with the IP 131.84.1.63 pretty hard lately. Can someone do me a favour and deliver a DoS attack on that IP? Please? :)

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Aero
Private IP addresses are non routable so you shouldn't/won't see packets coming from the Internet with private IP's.

Non-routable?

I route private IP addresses all the time. ;)

zoo

TRIBE Member
i always thought Peer was a french guy that had it in for IRC'rs

p.s for warez join #2,000

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Aero

That's actually incorrect. Private IP addresses are absolutely routable. If they weren't routable, a network in a private address space, wouldn't be able to communicate with a network in another private address space. It's also common practice to use private addresses within a provider network, but the routes are never advertised to any external peers.