• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

geek news...MS source code leaked!/?

g0nz0

TRIBE Member
windows nt and 2000 source code leaked! from here :

Neobond from Neowin informed me via email, the source code of Windows NT and Windows 2000 has leaked to the web.
It would appear that two packages are circulating on the internet, one being the source code to Windows 2000, and the other being the source code to Windows NT. At this time, it is hard to establish whether or not full code has leaked, and this will undoubtedly remain the situation until an attempt is made to compile them. Microsoft are currently unavailable for comment surrounding this leak .
And this leak could be a very big problem around the world.

Read More

This is a big shock for the wider IT industry. People could use the code to find exploids or figure out how those Operating Systems work and they maybe could get easily access to anyones PCs and networks.

Windows 2000 and NT is the most used operating system in offices, departments in the industry and gouverments around the world and this leak could be a big security risk.

*note*
not much chance on getting to the neowin.net site, probably never seen so much traffic.

philly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by g0nz0

*note*
not much chance on getting to the neowin.net site, probably never seen so much traffic.
ya i have neowin as my homepage and was wondering what was up. neowin is an awesome site. really good for IT info and the like, but what i really like is their forums. so many good artists are on there it's sick.

as for the leak... it sucks to be them. shoulda been open source anyways. ;)

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Except that, nobody cares... nor can anyone do anything useful with that sourcecode, nor would anyone want to bother when they have linux, but mostly nobody cares.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Tesseract
Except that, nobody cares... nor can anyone do anything useful with that sourcecode, nor would anyone want to bother when they have linux, but mostly nobody cares.
Actually, it could prove to be devastating. The fact that you don't understand this tells me that you're more or less computer-retarded. :p

*prod prod*

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Riiiiiiight

I took Computer Programming in college.
J++, C++ and VBS.

It could prove devastating, but it probably won't.
Windows is due for a revision anyhow. NT and 2000 have been around for a long time (in the grand-scheme of software technology). So has XP.
I'd be more than happy to buy the next version of Windows...

I hear it will be called RG
WindowsRG

the RG stands for Really Good

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Tesseract
Riiiiiiight

I took Computer Programming in college.
J++, C++ and VBS.

It could prove devastating, but it probably won't.
Windows is due for a revision anyhow. NT and 2000 have been around for a long time (in the grand-scheme of software technology). So has XP.
I'd be more than happy to buy the next version of Windows...

I hear it will be called RG
WindowsRG

the RG stands for Really Good

Wow. That means you know stuff about stuff. :)

How's that J++ programming going by the way?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
it's not.... fucking crap.
I got the fuck out of programming cause it sucked.

Point being is... i understand the implications of Microsoft's stupidity.

TRO

TRIBE Member
I ran into a guy at some event that doesn't matter for this story who was a developer for MS in mississuaga and he informed me of the fact that the new MS OS (called "longhorn" from what I understand) is essentially OS 10...with a microsoft touch...

he told me they basically stole apples OS and made it thier own...

pretty interesting stuff...

seeker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by DJ TRO

he told me they basically stole apples OS and made it thier own...

pretty interesting stuff...
hrmmm... that *is* interesting

we'll just have to wait and see how much BSD... erm... OS X makes it into "longdong"

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders