1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

(game) Call Of Duty

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by deep, Aug 31, 2003.

1. deep

deep TRIBE Member

made by the same people who made medal of honour

graphics look pretty impressive

trailer

demo

2. KiFe

KiFe TRIBE Member

that looks wikkid.

nothing like hiding behind a dead cow for cover.

Flak cannons shooting up into the sky are an awsome touch. (environmentally speaking)

game looks PREEETTTYY.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2003
  3. KiFe

KiFe TRIBE Member

ooooh pretty!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Holy level detail batman!

[​IMG]

4. Big Cheese

Big Cheese TRIBE Member

that looks fucking madd

;^)

'G

5. deep

deep TRIBE Member

plays real nice on my system...firing system doesn't seem to have any quibbles...like how the secondary fire on your rifle is looking down the sights of the rifle

graphics and animation in game are pretty sweet ... don't lag up performance much but add a lot of cinematic detail to gameplay i.e. the antiaircraft guns firing away as you move closer to them

looking forward to this one

6. Cheer Bear

Cheer Bear TRIBE Member

why oh why did i click on this thread?? ahhh

7. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

Donwloading now. Is this demo just single player or multiplayer?

Pete

8. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

Single player...
    It was pretty fun.

Died a few minutes in trying to be rambo.
    I really like the feeling of it. Dark and madness gunfire :)

9. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

Stalingrad! Nice!!!

I hope it's detailed and the original BF1942 engine was refined.

10. Big Cheese

Big Cheese TRIBE Member

tried the demo, nawt too shabby

good detail but i'm really getting sick of the same 'ol SPR/B o' B type action, 101st blah blah france blah blah dead cows.....

i hope the other levels of this game take the story farther then it already has been taken on screen with movies because it's all starting to look the same with me

i *heart* blow up shit n' ma jiggers type video games

i'll never stop playing OpFlash with the CDN CADPAT/vehicle mod (best game ever IMHO)

'G

11. KiFe

KiFe TRIBE Member

You mean MOH:aa engine right?

fuck.. this game is off the hook.. that demo was a sweet little piece of heaven...

the dynamic lighting is awsome.... and seing that AA gun shooting up into the sky in the background is great, until i realized that's where we were heading.... soo coool!

i thought the targeting system was very well thought out, timed and the bullets kill people when you shoot them... which is kinda nice... unlike wolfenstein, where it takes like 50 shots.

I think this game will lend itself well to MP action.... i just hope that in the wake of wolfET, they will have multiple objectives built into the MP levels.

12. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

Ow shit, why did I think this was a BF sequel?
    I guess that's why there was no plane flying or tank driving. The game is nice, but nothing too special.. you go from area to area to what seems like a shooting gallery of nazi's. The lighting was awesome, and the realism definately felt enhanced, but I felt like this was more of a teaser than a demo and I felt there probably was so much more to the game than what was experienced. I guess after seeing that new half life engine, something has to be really killer to impress me.

13. KiFe

KiFe TRIBE Member

I felt the same way.... like i was at an allied carnival or something.

Hit the duck, get a prize! step right up mein fhurers!

i think this would be an issue that makes the SP game vulnerable... but does not affect the MP aspect, due to the fact that very few people would just pick the same spot and pop up and down intermittently.

14. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

I want more levels..
    That thing was too short, I played it again and finished it too quickly.

But like I said, enjoyed the enviroment ...

But I hate waiting for the team to catch up with Rambo :D

15. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

Yea, it's like they all come running out only after you've cleared the whole building.

16. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

Well even when I'm holding back, I find they suck at picking off the guys behind the walls.

I'll shoot them all one by one or run around behind and flank them out ... especially the tank gunners.

17. deep

deep TRIBE Member

...that's what you're supposed to do...

what point would there be to the game if the computer teammates took out everyone...

18. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

Well it just seems a very teamy :)

And if they don't actually do shit, what's the point... :D

19. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

can't wait. can't wait. can't wait. can't wait...

p.s. Can you play BF1942 online with a cracked copy or do you need a legit s/n?

20. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

You need a legit KEY, they use an authentication system so you're left browsing cracked servers to play online. It's not worth it.

21. AdamAnt

AdamAnt TRIBE Member

requirements?

22. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

So when is HL2 and D3 supposed to hit the market?