• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Galactically Stupid Purchase Decisions

deep

TRIBE Member
<- Bought a $300 ergonomic chair he didn't sit in first

[AFTER it had been discontinued]

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

deep

TRIBE Member
I think where I was at when I decided to buy the chair was that it was a herman miller Aeron knock off at a lower price. As well, I don't actually sit properly in it, I slouch to slobboriffic teamster levels, completely taking advantage of any ergonomic attributes
emot-pseudoscience.gif

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

AshG

for some reason i've heard the word "galactic" more times today than i can remember. possibly something to do with the star trek marathon viewed by my roomate.

in any case, i like that word for some reason

Deus

TRIBE Member
Hamza said:
I invested in girlfriends.

What is the antonym of invest? Because when you "invest" in girlfriends, it's guaranteed that you'll lose your money. Outvest?

Hamza

TRIBE Member
Market forces can cause your investment to behave erratically, geo-political situations can also influence your ability to suffer path dependency.

Perhaps it is better to reap rewards by simply securing the rewards of such an investment by buying cheaper models from international markets.

Preroller

TRIBE Member
Deus said:
What is the antonym of invest? Because when you "invest" in girlfriends, it's guaranteed that you'll lose your money. Outvest?

Disburse? Dispense?

Outvest sounds good too ;)

Don't worry deep, I've wasted a lot of money on dumb things too...I bought waay to many baseball cards in the late 80's/early 90's that cost a lot then ,but aren't worth too much now. :(

JOSHB

TRIBE Member
deep said:
fucking tranceduck had something to do with it, I'm sure of it

ahhhh dude, he's a motherfucker. Then he has the nerve to bitch about me not having any money to go out on a Friday night.

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
  • Nortel stock
  • Leather-bound copies of 3 shakespeare plays printed in the 19th century and widely well-regarded because of the drawings inside the limited prints for my Shakespeare loving, English Major, ex-gf (note: when gf wants a ring, it doesn't matter what you get them, it's never enough and will likely be referred to as "FUCKING BOOKS?!?!?" regardless of how many hoops you jumped through and how many worthless nortel shares you cashed in to get them).
  • home-gym system

There's more, but those are the ones that stand out.

sugar

TRIBE Member
The two things I bought from infomercials:
- The Bun & Thigh Sculpter
- DVD set of the Johnny Carson show (note: I was on e when I made this purchase)

My %$*&# car.

peko

TRIBE Member
newgreenlg.jpeg

rude1_247 = <3, for being a true romantic! I hope you took Shakespeare back from mz.ungratefulX.

and, yeah hamza, order a mailorder bride. ;)

rentboy

TRIBE Member
i blew too much money on vinyl back when, even though I had zero aspirations to become a DJ.

I was just hooked on the tunes... couldn't stop walking into record stores and hunting... use to drop 200 bucks at a drop of a hat.