1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

G20 madness

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by shaggs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. shaggs

shaggs TRIBE Member

Does anyone on here advise a group of us not go into Toronto for a stag on Saturday night because of the G20 shit?

2. cosmosuave

cosmosuave TRIBE Member

Personally I would steer clear of the downtown core all this week... I want to go the Island on Friday but I may give it a miss...

3. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

stay the fuck out. I'm pissed I have to drive at all this weekend. Game plan was to stock up and stay put. Fucking weddings.

4. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

Lol you would spend most of your night in traffic.

5. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

I think it depends on which area of Toronto you planned on going.
    if your talking right downtown (anything south of Queen between Spadina through Yonge) then you'll probably want to postpone.

6. agentRC4

agentRC4 TRIBE Member

Just drive to the falls and visit the sundowner.

The time it will take you to get into the downtown core you could be in the falls having a good time.

7. stir-fry

stir-fry TRIBE Member

You'd be crazy to even consider it, pick another city or another weekend imo.

8. rentboy

rentboy TRIBE Member

What this guy said.

9. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

LOL can you imagine a bunch of drunken buffoons on a stag stagger into the restricted area and start mouthing off, get arrested and spend the rest of the weekend in the Film Studio Jail?

10. ScottBentley

ScottBentley TRIBE Member

my baby sis is getting married Sat smack dab in the middle of the chaos

:eek::eek::eek:

11. Aerius Zension

Aerius Zension TRIBE Member

I'm on the subway from Kipling to Yonge. Not sure if I'll be affected.

12. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

i read that as "go into Toronto for a shag on Saturday" lol must have been your name that threw me. but hey, toronto is the best place for a shag. traffic or not.

13. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

I'd suggest that you take the helicopter instead of the car...

14. sk8

sk8 TRIBE Member

my plan was also to stay home and avoid it all, but now I have to drive in on Sunday for a birthday brunch and a wedding shower. The 400 isn't closed but everyone will be on it because the 427 is.

15. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

this thing is over by July 9th right?

<----highly ignorant about current events

16. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

17. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

fixed

18. TaCk OnE?

TaCk OnE? TRIBE Member

my wedding is this weekend. god, we had no idea when we booked it over a year ago. oh well, as long as we're there I don't think I care if people are late coming in.

should be interesting though.

19. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

These LCBO stores will be closed during the G8 / G20:

• Queens Quay, 2 Cooper St.

• First Canadian Place

• Union Station

• St. Lawrence Market, 87 Front St. W.

• Loblaws Plaza, 10 Lower Jarvis St. at Queens Quay

• 415 King St. W. at Spadina Ave.

• 337 Spadina Ave., at Baldwin St.

20. skyparty

skyparty TRIBE Member

The daycare I work at is closed for Thurs-Frid because we're right in between Yonge and Queens Park. We may close earlier depending on how things go, but since there was already a protest on Yonge today, and we were told to stay inside, I'm not sure we're going to make it to Wednesday.

I would say, pick another weekend or pick another part of the city!

21. Beings

Beings TRIBE Member

Does anyone know if 427 south and Gardiner will be open on Saturday around midnight ?

22. KodiaK

KodiaK TRIBE Member

it should be open, no real reason as to why it wouldnt be.....

the amount of cops hanging around outside skydome tonight was epic. Must have been 150 of them.

Saw about 50 more RCMP/Peel region @ the airport w/ the an army unit too... these aint the areas that the general public see though, but im special ;)

23. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

I drove along queen yesterday around the time that mini protest was going on.. Saw at least seven minivans full of cops as well as multiple cruisers and at least a dozen footies between st joe's and city hall.

24. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

not sure how many tribers this will affect, but schools are being closed.

25. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

I have to admit that when I saw Waterfront School, I was like YES!!!! then I remembered that 1) I don't get the day off to play, and 2) neither of my kid are in school anyway.