• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

G License ?

joey

TRIBE Member
So I have my G test on Tuesday. Any tips? My only area on concern is doing the emergency highway stop. Do they still do this? How do you do it properly?

I know a lot of people fail the first time. What should I do to not fail?
 
Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Kinger

TRIBE Member
joey said:
please explain


If you take more than one cap and your examiner is a fat woman you may still try and bang her. While you are banging her you will probably pass out. She might then try and steal your wallet and your watch.

Trust me just don't take more than one cap when going for your G license.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

sk8

TRIBE Member
i just got mine!

i passed first time thanks to the tips given to me by my sister's fiance Cassius who took it three times.

here they are:

- exaggerate all head movements when checking mirrors. Don't just look with your eyes. Make sure to look both ways going through intersections as well.

- use your whole merging lane to get up to speed and merge properly. Don't merge early or going slow.

- emergency roadside stop: mine was just on a sidestreet not on the highway. SIGNAL. pull over slowly to the side and stop. put car in park. put on emergency brake. put on hazards. turn off car (i didn't have to do this part but cassius did). when they say okay then turn on car (only if it is off), turn off hazards. put down brake. put car in drive. SIGNAL and pull out when it is safe to do so.


I had to do a three point turn but no parallel parking. Cassius had to parallel park though. My examiner said when she got in the car that it was all about observation so make sure you really do check everything - mirrors, blindspots, intersections. she said if i don't see your head move i have to assume you didn't check.

I actually have my exam sheet here in front of me. anything you want to know about it?
 

joey

TRIBE Member
Kinger said:
If you take more than one cap and your examiner is a fat woman you may still try and bang her. While you are banging her you will probably pass out. She might then try and steal your wallet and your watch.

Trust me just don't take more than one cap when going for your G license.
are you being funny or cool or witty? hmm i cant tell.....

nope. you're being a jackass and not impressing anyone.

shut the hell up. take off your shirt.
 

Kinger

TRIBE Member
joey said:
are you being funny or cool or witty? hmm i cant tell.....

nope. you're being a jackass and not impressing anyone.

shut the hell up. take off your shirt.

Trust me dude I don't need to impress anyone who doesn't even have their G class license, and my shirt was already off.
 

joey

TRIBE Member
sk8 said:
i just got mine!

i passed first time thanks to the tips given to me by my sister's fiance Cassius who took it three times.

here they are:

- exaggerate all head movements when checking mirrors. Don't just look with your eyes. Make sure to look both ways going through intersections as well.

- use your whole merging lane to get up to speed and merge properly. Don't merge early or going slow.

- emergency roadside stop: mine was just on a sidestreet not on the highway. SIGNAL. pull over slowly to the side and stop. put car in park. put on emergency brake. put on hazards. turn off car (i didn't have to do this part but cassius did). when they say okay then turn on car (only if it is off), turn off hazards. put down brake. put car in drive. SIGNAL and pull out when it is safe to do so.


I had to do a three point turn but no parallel parking. Cassius had to parallel park though. My examiner said when she got in the car that it was all about observation so make sure you really do check everything - mirrors, blindspots, intersections. she said if i don't see your head move i have to assume you didn't check.

I actually have my exam sheet here in front of me. anything you want to know about it?

anything that I might not think about?

im pretty confident going in. Just the emergency stop thing. But id be fine if i had to do it on a side street.

good tip on over checking
 

joey

TRIBE Member
Kinger said:
Trust me dude I don't need to impress anyone who doesn't even have their G class license, and my shirt was already off.

you keep talking so it seems like you do....
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Kinger

TRIBE Member
joey said:
you keep talking so it seems like you do....

It's not to impress you. It's to impress the four (maybe three) friends I have on this board. They are laughing hysterically.
 

Kinger

TRIBE Member
joey said:
you know they dont count as friends unless everyone can see and hear them right?

What does that mean?

That makes no sense at all. You're lucky there isn't an intelligence test to get your license.

Stop wasting time on this board and go get in the car with your mom and practice.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

sk8

TRIBE Member
things i did wrong:

- side spacing on lane changes
- not looking at hazard (this is the traffic check going through railroads and intersections)
- wrong lane (always switch to the right lane for driving)
- not cover brake through intersection (ok. that's ridiculous... who does this?)
- late signal entering expressway


everything on the sheet seems pretty standard. my problem was i've been driving so long i've gotten bad habits that were hard to get rid of completly on the test.

i drove to the test pretending i was in it (driving the speed limit, doing all the head movements, etc.) to make sure i was in that frame of mind. i think that really helped.

according to the sheet when driving in business/residential your mirror check should be every 10 seconds. on an expressway a "traffic check" should be every 5 seconds.

hope this helps!

good luck!
 

lucky1

TRIBE Member
if you know how to drive on the highway you will be fine.

the test consists of gettting on the highway at keele, getting off the highway at the next exit and driving back to the MTO. You drive past a school zone, and have to do an emergency stop on a side street. I didn't do this well. you have to pull up, put on flashers, pop hood, turn wheels to curb, put on parking break, turn off egnition. maybe something else... like i said i didnt' do this well.

also needed to parrallel park.

they failed me once because my windshield was cracked. she wouldn't get in the car.. what a bitch.. it wasn't even that bad (pebble chipped it on the highway and a crack started)

no biggie though.. if you drive you should be fine.... if you dont' drive much you should probably practice a little.
 

tonep

TRIBE Member
Kinger said:
If you take more than one cap and your examiner is a fat woman you may still try and bang her. While you are banging her you will probably pass out. She might then try and steal your wallet and your watch.

Trust me just don't take more than one cap when going for your G license.


1. hillarious...omgwtfbbq!!!!!
2. what is a G license, i have no idea seariously.... is it just a drivers license?
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

nikki.classics

TRIBE Member
i got my g on my first try last summer...everyone freaked me out by telling me how tough the examiners are but it was seriously a big joke. they didn't ask me to do any parking, no emergency stops and not even a three-point turn. i just had to do a bunch of lane changes. that said, show a little cleavage and they'll go way easy on you;)
also watch your following distance and like everyone else has said exagerate your mirror checks. signal early. etc.
 

tonep

TRIBE Member
tonep said:
what does it mean, whats the difference between the different class?

i


hey really i have no idea anyone want to help me out here... i live in Buffalo, we only get one here.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top