• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Funny things you say or do at work

kyfe

TRIBE Member
I assess risk all day and one of the questions I ask client is the measurements for their home, pools, decks etc..

I always sounds funny when I ask "so how big is your deck?"
sometimes men get confused and ask me to repeat the question. I cannot help but laugh as I know it sounds funny.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
i remember back when i was younger i used to work at sunrise and they had a frequent bonus card....anyway, we had to offer one to every customer, so one of the other girls that worked there accidentally asked some guy if he wanted a frequent boner card. :p

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
"working hard?......

....or hardly working!!!!"

...ok seriously; Beer babe, i demand (yes, demand!) that you open up MS paint and produce a crude mockup of what a boner card might look like So i can print it out and go around asking girls to stamp it (get 10 and the next ones free?)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kyfe

TRIBE Member
jocelyn dee said:
probably not - since risk managers usually deal with larger commercial accounts and decks and pools sounds more residential.

that is correct, I deal with personal product not commercial

SuperKennyK

TRIBE Member
Hey Bumbaclat, remember at IP Marketing, when I put a sticky note on your computer that said: "FART" And you arrived late, so everyone saw it.

culture

TRIBE Member
Beer babe said:
i remember back when i was younger i used to work at sunrise and they had a frequent bonus card....anyway, we had to offer one to every customer, so one of the other girls that worked there accidentally asked some guy if he wanted a frequent boner card. :p

i have a sunrise $2 off cupon that expires in year 19956

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
SuperKennyK said:
Hey Bumbaclat, remember at IP Marketing, when I put a sticky note on your computer that said: "FART" And you arrived late, so everyone saw it.

yea, I also remember you giveing the "hoody hoo" call every morning.

My brother once made a sign (1 foot by 1 foot) and taped all sides down on my jacket back. I rode the streetcar from Broadview station to King/Dufferin. Then I went in to work and put the jacket on the back of my chair. End of day I put the jacket back on and rode the streetcar route in reverse. found the sign when I got home. It said "Hello, My name is Moose, Please Feed me. "

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
or yelling across the open concept work space.
"are those bugle boy jeans you're wearing"
"hell no ho, you know they polo"

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
At work my nickname is "Sluts".

(Combination of my last name and the fact that I work in the bar and know a lot of young women who I see out whenever the boys go drinking)

This has caused many a weird look while we're standing around at the bar and one of my co-workers yells out "Hey Sluts! Pass the ____!" or "Sluts! Gimme a smoke!" or just "Hey Sluts!"

When the VP's come a visiting though.....that was the worst.

I don't answer to Mark anymore around here (there are 2 other Marks who work with me)

peko

TRIBE Member
Without knowing it, 'dude and man' are part of my office lingo. Now, there's an entire aging school staff saying 'no problem, dude' or 'hey man, how's it going?', to their regional V.P. hee,hee.